Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 08:06 AM

67 posts, read 171,818 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'm recently divorced, and looking to relocate from Reno, Nevada to somewhere more cosmopolitan with an (ahem) deeper dating pool of suitable men.

On my "short list" are Dallas and Austin, Texas and Tampa and Palm Beach County, Florida.

I'm graduate-school educated, cultured, love architecture, art, and design. Any other thoughts? Moderator cut: see comment

Thanks for all your replies...

Besos,
Pilar

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-27-2012 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: relocation forum, not a personals forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 AM

611 posts, read 2,233,940 times
I am male, but I can tell you for a fact that dallas will have a much deeper pool of shallow, self absorbed, 30 thousandaires that will not be interested in a divorcee because if they wanted that they would have stayed with one of their former wives

now if you have a cute 22yo to 30yo daughter that is a gold digger you should send her to dallas she will do great if she avoids the prenups and has a good divorce attorney on retainer

sounds harsh, but it is the truth about dallas!

you will not even get the time of day in Austin so cross it off the list as well and your daughter will need to be really really cute and from 22yo to 27yo there

you will have a much better chance of finding actual relationship material in Houston or San Antonio vs dallas or Austin

Old 04-27-2012, 09:01 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
I disagree with pp. Myself and my circle of friends are like you on paper (well educated, cultured, and established professionals) and almost all of us have found our like-minded spouses in Dallas. Some of the women even found their perfect man at or over age 40.

Being divorced will be a turn-off for some guys, but certainly not all of them....just the same that dating divorced men was a turn-off to some of my friends but not all. It takes all kinds and this is a big city!!

Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 AM

743 posts, read 1,320,255 times
I'm going to make an assumption that you're looking for 30-something college educated guys. Yes?

If that's true then I would say Dallas --> PBC --> Austin --> Tampa

If you want <25 guys Austin --> Dallas --> Tampa --> PBC

40+ PBC --> Dallas --> Tampa --> Austin

Old 04-28-2012, 01:23 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
I am male, but I can tell you for a fact that dallas will have a much deeper pool of shallow, self absorbed, 30 thousandaires that will not be interested in a divorcee because if they wanted that they would have stayed with one of their former wives

now if you have a cute 22yo to 30yo daughter that is a gold digger you should send her to dallas she will do great if she avoids the prenups and has a good divorce attorney on retainer

sounds harsh, but it is the truth about dallas!

you will not even get the time of day in Austin so cross it off the list as well and your daughter will need to be really really cute and from 22yo to 27yo there

you will have a much better chance of finding actual relationship material in Houston or San Antonio vs dallas or Austin
This, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
I am male, but I can tell you for a fact that Dallas will have a much deeper pool of shallow, self absorbed, 30 thousandaires that will not be interested in a divorcee because if they wanted that they would have stayed with one of their former wives
Wow sounds like someones a little bitter, must have had a recent split.

OP there are about 7 million people here in North TX. It's not real wise for anyone here to say something like what above has said. Out of 7m people, I'd bet there are several hundred thousand decent men who you would connect.

It's a very big city and no matter where you go if you hang with losers, all you'll meet are losers. Most people you'll meet here love DFW and are very friendly and nice people.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:48 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
Gee, a found a couple of great keepers here in DFW married #2 in 1983 (and was widowed) and then married #3 in 2005. I was in my early 30's and divorced from #1 when I met #2. In addition to both of my husbands, I met plenty of fun eligibles!

Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wow sounds like someones a little bitter, must have had a recent split.

OP there are about 7 million people here in North TX. It's not real wise for anyone here to say something like what above has said. Out of 7m people, I'd bet there are several hundred thousand decent men who you would connect.

It's a very big city and no matter where you go if you hang with losers, all you'll meet are losers. Most people you'll meet here love DFW and are very friendly and nice people.
Most of the people I meet are friendly and nice; they're just not good dating material.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:30 AM

67 posts, read 171,818 times
Default Further to the original post...

I forgot to mention my age, 42...and no, I'm not a "gold digger"...I'm gainfully self-employed, and just want to find a nice place to live that has the cultural and civil activities that will make me happy. And I'd like to live around nice people who value the same things that I do.

Best to all,
Pilar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilarDLS View Post
Hi All,

I'm recently divorced, and looking to relocate from Reno, Nevada to somewhere more cosmopolitan with an (ahem) deeper dating pool of suitable men.

On my "short list" are Dallas and Austin, Texas and Tampa and Palm Beach County, Florida.

I'm graduate-school educated, cultured, love architecture, art, and design. Any other thoughts? Moderator cut: see comment

Thanks for all your replies...

Besos,
Pilar

Old 04-29-2012, 11:27 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Since you're in your 40s, definitely not Austin. It has a much younger crowd (lots of under 30s) and is more about the bar scene than DFW. DH and I used to want to live there when we were younger.

Check out Fort Worth, too. There is a lot of culture on the west side, including symphony, one of the worlds finest art museums, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas