Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 04:21 PM

10 posts, read 17,357 times

Advertisements

we're new to dallas and looking for a Christian church with the following specifications:

opposed to women in ministry
diverse
teaches grace giving over tithing
bible teaching
preferably does not celebrate pagan holidays like christmas, easter, halloween

Thank you in advance.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:28 PM

753 posts, read 1,482,463 times
Independent Baptist churches are your best bet. Check out some little-known information about those here: Independent Fundamental Baptist Discipline: Some Call It Tough Love, Others Abuse - ABC News.

I grew up in one of those. And left it and became a Methodist as soon as I could. Frankly, I am amazed I came out of all that with my faith intact.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:30 PM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamarsha View Post
we're new to dallas and looking for a Christian church with the following specifications:

diverse
bible teaching

Thank you in advance.

Prestoncrest Church of Christ, great pulpit minister, large congregation with many small connections to add a family feel. Encourage giving and planning to give liberally as blessed.

Come give it a try, Preston Road just south of 635. Sunday morning services at 8am and 1045 am with connection groups at 930am on Sunday. Meets sunday night as well as mid week in small groups.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:33 PM

393 posts, read 1,114,927 times
Quote:

diverse
bible teaching

Thank you in advance.
The first 4 are fairly easy. Just about any of the more conservative churches would qualify. The last one is the most difficult.

I am a visitor at a Reformed Southern Baptist church, and I've attended a Reformed Presbyterian church and various Bible churches, any of which might fit your specifications. A few fundamentalist Baptist churches in the area might also.

What is your desired range? Which section of Dallas? I know of one church in Longview that actually buses (or used to bus) people all the way out from Dallas and Shreveport.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooua View Post
The first 4 are fairly easy. Just about any of the more conservative churches would qualify. The last one is the most difficult.

I am a visitor at a Reformed Southern Baptist church, and I've attended a Reformed Presbyterian church and various Bible churches, any of which might fit your specifications. A few fundamentalist Baptist churches in the area might also.

What is your desired range? Which section of Dallas? I know of one church in Longview that actually buses (or used to bus) people all the way out from Dallas and Shreveport.
I live in north dallas, so of course, I would prefer the area, but i'm not opposed to driving 20 or 30 minutes

Old 02-19-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Prestoncrest Church of Christ, great pulpit minister, large congregation with many small connections to add a family feel. Encourage giving and planning to give liberally as blessed.

Come give it a try, Preston Road just south of 635. Sunday morning services at 8am and 1045 am with connection groups at 930am on Sunday. Meets sunday night as well as mid week in small groups.
thank you for your response. Is this church opposed to music in worship?

Old 02-19-2012, 05:13 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,888 times
Quote:
My whole family, except me, goes there and they would not go if there were any instruments in the building. It is very classic church of christ.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:53 PM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Quote:
The song service is great one of the best I have attended. Instrumental music nor a choir are part of the service. Video clips are used with music are occassionally used.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:03 PM

Thank you guys for the suggestions although we do have a difference in opinion of doctrine.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:04 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,801,803 times
MOD Note:

And, with that, this thread is being closed.

FYI, folks, specific questions requesting
recommendations regarding places of worship are welcome here - as are specific responses to those questions.

What is not welcome is discussion about one's religion/doctrine/beliefs vs. another - that is what the Religion-Philosophy Forum is for and all of you are most welcome to post these type discussions there!

Thread is closed.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 02-20-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas