Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 06:31 PM

96 posts, read 201,951 times

Advertisements

is there a toll booth to get into lovefield like dfw? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 06:53 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
No. The police won't let you stop at the curb and wait, so you have to wait in the "Cell Phone Waiting Area" and you can only come up when the passenger is waiting for you at the curb. If you need to help them with luggage, you'll need to park in the garage.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:55 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,481,511 times
I pick my mother in law often; she flies into Love. I wait in the waiting area and then start driving loops around the outside of the baggage claim area once I think she will have claimed her luggage. I pull up near the curb and hop out to help her with her bags....quickly. And then we zip away. Easy! And no tolls!!

This process works easier when the passenger has a mobile phone to let the pick up person know they are ready. But you can't teach and 80 yr old new things.... :-)

Old 02-19-2012, 09:13 PM

393 posts, read 1,114,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
I pick my mother in law often; she flies into Love. I wait in the waiting area and then start driving loops around the outside of the baggage claim area once I think she will have claimed her luggage. I pull up near the curb and hop out to help her with her bags....quickly. And then we zip away. Easy! And no tolls!!

This process works easier when the passenger has a mobile phone to let the pick up person know they are ready. But you can't teach and 80 yr old new things.... :-)
Same with my Mom, who visited me last year via Love Field.

Love Field is considerably smaller than DFW. The entrance to DFW looks like a major highway tollroad (bigger than the tollroads we actually use around here), with several booths spanning hundreds of feet across the entrance. The entrance to LF is 2 lanes each direction, separated by a wide median, and I've never seen it congested.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:48 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Is traffic flow around LF affected by terminal construction going on? I was there in early Jan and it seemed pretty "normal", but I believe I read somewhere that something was changing soon after that.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:52 AM

812 posts, read 2,183,874 times
try this site for info: Love Field Construction Updates

I was there in late 2010 and thought the idea of a free waiting "cell phone" parking lot was smart.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggolf View Post
try this site for info: Love Field Construction Updates

I was there in late 2010 and thought the idea of a free waiting "cell phone" parking lot was smart.
I've checked that, but not frequenting the airport or being very familiar with the terminology of terminal & walkway designations, etc, thought I'd ask folks in the forum who may use LF frequently.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:22 PM

43 posts, read 113,355 times
I was just there on Tuesday to pick up my daughters from a SW flt. The cell phone lot is still there and handy if you get there early and need to wait to pick up someone. I had them call on cell when their plane arrived at gate & I pulled up to baggage claim area. If you decide to park, you can pay using TollTag and it's free is you've parked for less than 30 mins.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:44 PM

931 posts, read 2,134,836 times
I live at lovers lane and abrams. I ask whoever I am picking up to call me when they land and I head out. By time they have waled and claimed luggage I have arrived. This solves most of the problem about late or early flights.

I have done this about 2 dozen times and everyone likes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas