Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 PM

307 posts, read 531,979 times

Advertisements

What should happen if it's not true?

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Teen-Found-in-Oklahoma-Claims-Kidnapping-Rape-022012 (broken link)

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 02-20-2012 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Include source of info - not everyone is aware of what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,557,784 times
Uh...nothing. We should just be happy she is safe, regardless of what the back story is.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:32 PM

393 posts, read 1,115,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablebodied View Post
What should happen if it's not true?
It depends on the circumstances. Women in other parts of the country have disappeared, then reappeared and claimed they were kidnapped, when they really just decided they needed to get away for a while. If a lot of money was expended in searching for them, it seems reasonable to ask them to pay for it. But, if you are talking of the woman I think you are, she's young, and wasn't gone long.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:05 PM

307 posts, read 531,979 times
Young people make mistakes all the time, and if this is one I hope the young lady learns from it. I am glad her parents don't have to have another sleepless night. If it's not true, I don't think the parents should be charged for the investigation anymore than a mountain climber should have to be charged for rescue costs after a failed climb. I do wish and hope that all people are given the same consideration for their youth and life inexperience.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM

931 posts, read 2,135,040 times
Who knows what really happened but the main thing she is safe at home.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:53 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
A rape test kit should tell all. They would be able to tell if she was raped.

Im a bit suspcious because of the description of the suspect.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM

39 posts, read 60,772 times
I think this is between her and police. We don't need to speculate or pass judgement ... unless called for jury duty.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:45 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
The truth of this does need to come out. As one who works just around the corner from the place where she was kidnapped as well as the father of teens who frequent establishments in the area, I am concerned about their safety and a violent abduction in this area changes how one perceives where we work, shop and play. The Dr. Pepper Arena needs to not have a black cloud over it, if this is all a ruse.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 PM

350 posts, read 867,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
The truth of this does need to come out. As one who works just around the corner from the place where she was kidnapped as well as the father of teens who frequent establishments in the area, I am concerned about their safety and a violent abduction in this area changes how one perceives where we work, shop and play. The Dr. Pepper Arena needs to not have a black cloud over it, if this is all a ruse.
Seriously... look up the statistics.

It's like saying you're worried about your teens frequenting Stonebriar because someone got hit by lightning in the parking lot.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT3x View Post
Seriously... look up the statistics.

It's like saying you're worried about your teens frequenting Stonebriar because someone got hit by lightning in the parking lot.
I didn't say I was going into a bunker, but Dr. Pepper Arena for one would prefer NOT to have a statistic of even one violent kidnapping of a teen from their premesis, no? If it were, life will go on, Frisco is still a safe area statistically. But it was like the Fitness Instructor abducted from Gleneagles CC in Plano and body dumped in Frisco.... so terribly sorry that it happened, but have to say I was relieved when I found it was a domestic case rather than an unsolved random (possible serial) killer in our midst.

If this kidnapping were a ruse, this needs to be known, the community needs for this to be known. It became news, was all over my FB page. Not saying she needs to be prosecuted, but she needs to fess up if it is a lie as it does effect the reputation of her place of work and the community at large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: