Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:16 AM

11 posts, read 75,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unteagle View Post
Looks like all ya'll were off...called a few more lawyers all who said it was LL responsibility if the city wouldn't remove the animal for free. filed all the paper work( sent certified letter, and a second letter not actual court paperwork), had the lawyer send paperwork to LL threatning legal action and he came and took care of the problem asap.

Still living in the same house, no threats to get out. In fact he's been very nice since and even asked if he could have a stroller we had sitting in our yard.

ended up being a family of squirrels. We had to leave the hole open because one of the babies ran off into the attic but eventually the mom came back and relocated all squirrels.
It has been awhile since your post and I hope at least maybe you will get this as a notification in your email? I sympathize with you I truly do I have signed myself up for a huge mess of lease! Shortly after moving in I like literally a day I found infestations of cockroaches, LARGE RATS! and wasps in my rental home I wish I coulda found a month to month cause im locked in for a year the property management company has told me they nor the landlord are responsible for not properly having the home cleaned before move in these people are sneaky snakes! I have lived in this home for 5 months and for 5 months I have been sick (chronic cough, fatigue, depression, and loss of voice, my children have complained of headache and body aches) IM SO OVER RENTING!!!!! there is so much more to this too. Im glad you fought for what you knew was right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 593 times
Actually you need to research a little more or contact another attorney because opossum do not carry rabies. Rats, raccoons, and squirrels do, but opossum do not. And it DOES matter what your lease states about who is responsible for pest control. If nothing is specified, unless you can prove that the animal is a hazard to your safety, the tenant is responsible. Good Luck

Old 01-09-2018, 10:13 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,208,797 times

Old 01-09-2018, 12:32 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,133,550 times
By now it should be clear if said animal has rabies or not. :-)

Old 01-11-2018, 09:47 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,458,462 times
Ask the city for a trap.

Trap it yourself and ask them to remove it.

You are probably right in all instances, but basically as you said, enforcing your rights, may cost you a LOT of money, and you still loose the house. Month to month they can give you notice or go up on the rent.

Sorry for your trouble, but it is common around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas