Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 12:42 PM

6 posts, read 12,876 times

Advertisements

Other then Alcuin and da Vinci, what are my options for a child that will turn 18months in Nov? da Vinci has been eliminated for us since they don't do "rolling" admission. So if a child is not 18months by September, we have to wait until September 2019 to enroll. Thats not going to work.

Alcuin is now the front runner for us. Are there any other options in the North Dallas area for 18month olds? My wife likes Lamplighter or George Bannerman Dealey(charter school, if we can get in) option once she turns 4, since its PK and up.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 01:16 PM

38 posts, read 79,353 times
We really like St. James Montessori and they let my daughter start November 2 at 18 months. We did have to pay the normal fees to hold her spot. They don't have rolling admissions though and I don't remember when the admission deadlines are - probably soon.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:26 PM

790 posts, read 1,220,331 times
A couple of years ago the early childhood PTA for my children’s elementary school put together information on preschools convenient to Highland Park. Some may not be convenient to North Dallas since we are little further south.

Many schools start at age 2. The schools on the list that have infant/toddler programs for kids that are your child’s age include: Highland Park Presbyterian Day School, Spanish House, saint Michael Episcopal Day School, Temple Emanuel ,Weekday school at University Park United Methodist, Westminster Presbyterian, NorthPark Presby, Northway Christian, Collier Center, Primrose, Wesley prep, Christ Lutheran, and community school of the park cities

Applications are due very soon (eg next week) for most schools. Good luck

Old 01-09-2018, 01:54 PM

6 posts, read 12,876 times
Thx for the info Sheltn. I will look into St James.

JTC, thx for the information as well. Any recommendation on the schools you mentioned. I just sent out an email to Wesley Prep so hopefully i can take a tour soon. I've heard negative things about Primorse.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:46 PM

790 posts, read 1,220,331 times
All these schools were recommended by moms in our group. The ones i am personally familiar with are hard to get into for infant/toddler if you don’t already have a child enrolled, including Wesley Prep, Spanish House, UpUmC. I highly recommend all three.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:48 PM

446 posts, read 845,553 times
Temple Emanu-El is highly regarded, but they usually have a wait list so you'll want to put get your application in sooner than later if you're interested in that program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas