Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:55 PM

17 posts, read 63,558 times

Advertisements

I am moving with my wife to Dallas early next yr and wanted to get your opinion on Twin creeks. We initally thought renting but I have heard good things of this community.

1] We are looking at 350k budget so do you think its good advise to buy here.
2] How is the resale?
3] Our daughter will go to school next year and I heard new elem school is coming up. How are the schools in general for twin creeks like elem, middle and high?

Thanks for all your help.

PM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 02:13 PM

77 posts, read 340,655 times
I love Twin creeks. (I live in Allen but not in Twin creeks). Lots of mature trees, close proximity to 75 and shopping, restaurants, etc. Lots of hike and bike trails and I believe resale is typically pretty good. Great choice!

Old 09-11-2007, 07:35 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,381,350 times
Everyone that I have known who has lived in Twin Creeks has really liked it.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM

670 posts, read 2,989,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Everyone that I have know who has lived in Twin Creeks has really liked it.
The people I know would say the same

Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,214,878 times
Twin Creeks is a very nice, very desirable area right now. I'm not sure what the starting price for homes would be there though.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:10 PM

2 posts, read 13,407 times
Hi
We are in a similar situation as you. My husband will be transferring to Allen next year and I've been doing a lot of searching online -- haven't visited the area yet.
We have lived in the northeast (NY) all our lives and I understand from my sister who lives in Houston (the Woodlands) that we are in for quite a culture shock.
I've been looking primarily in Allen and Frisco, but I keep coming back to the houses in the Twin Creeks development -- I especially like the trees.
As far as schools, the elementary schools look all pretty good (we have a 5 y/o 3 y/o and 3 mo. old). The size of the high school is worrisome, but that's a while off.
I would appreciate any info that you've discovered. Have you bought yet?

Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 PM

583 posts, read 2,625,856 times
It is a nice area. We tried to look for homes in that area as well, back in the spring during out move. The houses seem to move fast. They do have homes in the $350 but I think most are a tad bit higher. We only had 2 to choose from in that neighborhood on our wish list but were under contract when we arrived.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM

303 posts, read 1,007,299 times
We considered that area but in the end decided to buy in West Plano. We moved from NY as well, Twin Creeks was just too serene... if that makes sense.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:08 AM

170 posts, read 845,315 times
Twin Creeks is nice, and the schools are good.

There is only one thing I want to point out and that is the issue of resale.

I have an aunt and uncle who lived in Twin Creeks and just bought a house out in Lucas. Their home in Twin Creeks has been on the market now for over 1 year and has not even come close to being sold.

It is a VERY nice 2 story, 4 bedroom house with media room, large living and dining areas, and a large luxury pool & spa in the backyard. In other words a very desirable home yet no bites.

They have lowered the price numerous times and even hired different realtors, but no luck. I can't remember the price they are asking for right now off the top of my head but I do know that the whole area is currently experiencing issues with resale. That may be good for you as you might land a home for less than the normal asking price.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:20 AM

4 posts, read 8,695 times
we are also moving to Allen from the Lakewood area of Dallas. It is very quiet and seems to be a safe neighborhood. The schools are wonderful!! that is the main reason for our move. It is a buyers market in Twin Creeks. There are more than 100 homes for sale right now in Twin Creeks. Most os which are vacant because many have lost their jobs, been relocated or, worst yet can not make their mortgage payments. It seems to be a very family friendly area. Lots of things for kids to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas