Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,609,958 times

Advertisements

So I posted a while back I am looking into the possibility of moving to the DFW area. I'm planning a trip there in 2 weeks. Since talking to a few people, these are the comments I commonly hear, which I tend to take a grain of salt:

1. "It's 120 degrees there....in the shade!!" (My boss keeps saying this to me, I joke it's because he knows I will be hard to replace) I've spent summers in PR where you sweat standing still even at 10pm. I think I can handle it.

2. "You might not get hired with a Jewish last name, it's all very Christian down there." I doubt this one is true as I have received call backs on my resume, but since I won't be there for another 2 weeks, I'm holding off on sending until a week before.

3. "Traffic is horrible there". Umm I'm from NYC. Traffic is horrible in any major city and if I can handle traffic here, I can pretty much handle it anywhere. I found DC/Baltimore to be worse.

4. "It's extremely conservative down there, so your views will differ, you know". I'm not a liberal by any stretch, I'm more independent or middle of the road. And politics have never been a big thing with me.

5. "Why Dallas or Fort Worth? If I was going to move to any city in TX it would be maybe Austin". At least a dozen people have said this. I did initially look into this, however 1. No jobs in my field there and 2. I'm not a big fan of well, hipsters. I have enough here in Brooklyn.

6. "Dallas is so plastic, it's like a mini L.A. and some people are fake". I have no idea on this one as I don't pass judgment. But there are all kinds of people here in NYC from fake to real, I imagine the DFW area is no different.

7. "Fort Worth is more Dallas' country bumpkin cousin, you might want to be there instead" I don't even know where to go with this one.

I will make my own observations while there, but kind of tired of hearing the assumptions and narrow mindedness of other Northerners. They keep talking as if everyone below the Mason / Dixon line is all toothless rednecks still flying the Confederate Flag and making moonshine in their barn. I know quite a few people out there (9 total) and none of them are like that.

What ammunition can I use when I keep hearing these ignorant comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 PM

62 posts, read 210,607 times
I won't speak on the ignorant/uninformed comments made by your co-workers/friends and you should take it with a grain of salt b/c some people don't know how to express pride in where they're from w/out bashing somewhere else. I'd like the think the best way to quiet the naysayers is by simply stating the reason(s) you're leaving the place you call home. Apparently NYC has some short-comings of its own if you're willing to pick up and move to a place that you seem unfamiliar with...so highlighting what's wrong w/ where you are (as opposed to trying to defend a place you seem to know very little about) will probably shut them up. With that said, you should definitely come for a visit to see if DFW is indeed a good fit for you...it's a lovely place to me, but it certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea. Good luck w/ your move.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:52 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,808 times

Sounds like you've already handled it all pretty well yourself! It's definitely not the promised land, but it's as close as you're going to find!

One comment, though... you really DO need to go ahead and send out your resume now instead of waiting. It takes a week or two to sort through them and then more time to set up calls, emails, interviews, etc.

Welcome to Texas!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:36 AM

5,545 posts, read 2,037,197 times
Miss J 74,

I'm a Dallas native living in NYC, and I absolutely hate it here in NYC. I will be moving back home to Dallas for good next year, and I seriously can't wait to move back home for good. Read my below post (I've bolded some parts of it) which I think will give you plenty of reasons to hate NYC and make you feel better about your move to Dallas. It's a lengthy read, but worth it. I got more reputation points on that post than any other post I've ever made, because lots of people resonated with my statements.

Feel free to ask me any specific questions about Dallas, given that I currently live in NYC and am a native of Dallas. I'll be happy to help you out.

I think you'll really enjoy the wonderful southern hospitality that Dallas has to offer!

Also, want to feel better about your move to Dallas? Watch this excellent, informative video:

Also, watch this new video that gives a general overview of Texas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photography View Post
I was on hiatus from C-D for about half a year, and have recently been lurking. I was compelled to login just to reply to this thread.

I am so sick of this city, and will be leaving in less than two years to go back to my hometown (I'm originally from Dallas, where I lived all my life prior to moving to NYC), which I am thrilled about. NYC is a very nasty, cold, frustrating, and extremely challenging city to live in. I cannot wait to get out of this God-forsaken hell hole.

New York City is an absolute dystopia, and it has the worst quality of life in the entire U.S. I have lived here for almost ten years. Every time I went on vacation, I found myself fantasizing about moving to wherever I went, whether it was Florida, Hawaii, California, the Pacific Northwest, the South, the Southwest, Europe, or anywhere else. When it comes to U.S. locations, as long as place isn’t too ridden with crime (and maybe even if it is), it’s all better than living in New York City.

In NYC, being nice is considered a fault of some sort, or something that demands repayment. I can't even explain a lot of typical situations I encountered everyday to relatives back home without shocking and disturbing them. I have gained several stress-related conditions while living here (anxiety, high blood pressure), and they all completely developed during my time living in NYC. New Yorkers on the whole (NOT all New Yorkers are cold and nasty -- there are certainly some nice ones) are some of the rudest, coldest, nastiest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of encountering.

The food is terrific, though, and it is the only thing that I will miss when I leave. A lot of restaurants are very unsanitary, however. Everyone I knew here frequently came down with food poisoning immediately after eating at restaurants of all kinds. Speaking of illnesses, colds, coughs, and flus spread like the plague in NYC, and you usually can’t avoid getting coughed or sneezed on a typical winter day. I always maintain good health and hygiene, but due to other people's complete disregard and general inconsiderateness for others (sneezing/coughing without covering their mouth), I got sick 4 separate times last year.

The weather is also terrible here. In the summer, it is extremely hot and humid, which produces sweat while you're waiting down in the stifling (and very smelly) subway stations, with temperatures in excess of 100+ degrees. It rains a LOT here. Then, in the winter, it snows for long periods and can get very cold. If you enjoy these extremes in weather, then I can understand that. It is somewhat subjective and one person may have a different preference in weather.

Also, the transportation system (MTA) is pathetic. It's open 24/7 and does reach most of the city, which is nice, but it's infested with rats, roaches, homeless, disgusting smells (including human waste, which is very disturbing), litter, dirt, dust, rust, and TOXIC BLACK MOLD (next time you're in a subway station, look up - there's most likely toxic black mold growing -- this toxic black mold has adverse health hazards). The subway system is over 100 years old, so the MTA constantly has to do repairs everyday and on weekends just to try and keep up and keep the system from literally falling apart (even though they're failing miserably with the abysmal conditions of the subway system). Delays are the norm on the trains, and being crammed into the train and having to stand for your entire commute while being squished with tons of other people is not fun.

It's extremely challenging to live in NYC, even doing basic things like laundry (hauling everything to the laundromat or down to your building's basement laundry room if you have one), or grocery shopping (carrying tons of bags, or using one of those silly carts that you see everyone pushing around). If you have a car, it's easier. However, if you live in a walk-up building and you live on a high floor, it gets old very fast. Also, things like dishwashers, washers, and dryers are considered luxury appliances, and are very rare to have here (even in million dollar apartments), whereas in the rest of the country, they're very commonly found in homes. (Then again, if you're rich and you live in NYC, or anywhere for that matter, life will always be much easier for you.)

Let's not forget about how absurdly expensive it is to live in NYC. Everything from monthly rent/mortgage to groceries is much more expensive here. The rent prices here are insane, and further emphasize the wealth disparity between the rich and the poor in NYC. Also, NYC has the highest combined city and state tax rates anywhere in the country. Groceries are also way overpriced, from a gallon of milk averaging $4-6 (!), and a box of cereal averaging $5-10 (!!!!). I've never understood why CEREAL is so expensive in NYC compared to other parts of the country. Take a look at cereal prices next time you go to your local grocery store and you'll see what I mean. I even shop at a crappy, pathetic excuse of a grocery store (C-Town) and I live in Queens (not Manhattan, where grocery prices are even MORE expensive), and cereal prices range from $5-10. It's completely absurd.

I feel bad for New Yorkers who have never been anywhere else. Living in NYC made me see the U.S. in a whole new way. There are so very many great places to live in this country, and people in those places don’t realize how good they have it. It’s weird, ever since I've lived in NYC, there have been certain negative emotions that I just don’t feel anywhere else (panic, rage, etc.), and certain positive ones that I just haven't ever felt here in NYC (serenity, relaxation, etc.). You can see exhaustion on other people's faces who live here and experience these same challenges everyday (look around next time you're on the train or out in public, and you'll see the locals who appear exhausted and overworked), not knowing that the grass truly is greener on the other side.

To those who want to leave: It’s easier than you think, and you’ll be happier (and wiser) in your new location.

To born and bred New Yorkers: I know it’s painful to hear this, but life really is a lot easier outside NYC. Get out there and find out for yourself. You can afford an entire HOUSE with a nice big front and back yard, garage, washer/dryer/dishwasher, safe community, wonderful neighbors, etc for under $200,000 (in Dallas, for example - there are many other cities around the nation that fit this description) -- your ENTIRE monthly mortgage payment would be less than the astronomical monthly rent that one pays to live in NYC! Do the math!

To people who really do love New York: I can’t relate to you. I just don’t get it, and I’ve really tried.

Last edited by Photography; 03-29-2012 at 12:53 AM..

Old 03-29-2012, 04:53 AM

574 posts, read 1,478,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
So I posted a while back I am looking into the possibility of moving to the DFW area. I'm planning a trip there in 2 weeks. Since talking to a few people, these are the comments I commonly hear, which I tend to take a grain of salt:

1. "It's 120 degrees there....in the shade!!" (My boss keeps saying this to me, I joke it's because he knows I will be hard to replace) I've spent summers in PR where you sweat standing still even at 10pm. I think I can handle it.

Summers ARE hot. Last summer was my first one here. From about end of June through end of August it was very uncomfortable for me to be outside for any period of time. Nowhere near 120F though. Many days in a row of over 100f. Don't get fooled by those who say it is a dry heat. It is drier heat than PR and NYC summers so it doesn't feel as muggy, but you still feel it.

2. "You might not get hired with a Jewish last name, it's all very Christian down there." I doubt this one is true as I have received call backs on my resume, but since I won't be there for another 2 weeks, I'm holding off on sending until a week before.

There are plenty of Jewish people here you should have no trouble. From my experience people do not wear their Christianity on their sleeves, no matter what that new ABC show GBC will have you believe

3. "Traffic is horrible there". Umm I'm from NYC. Traffic is horrible in any major city and if I can handle traffic here, I can pretty much handle it anywhere. I found DC/Baltimore to be worse.

Everything will depend in how far you work from where you live. Honestly, though, after living in Atlanta 14 years I have yet to see traffic as bad here.

4. "It's extremely conservative down there, so your views will differ, you know". I'm not a liberal by any stretch, I'm more independent or middle of the road. And politics have never been a big thing with me.

It is conservative, but again, not as in your face as it is in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, the Carolinas. To me that is as conservative as it gets...right in the epicenter of the Bible Belt. Here I am sure there are pockets of ultra conservative areas.

5. "Why Dallas or Fort Worth? If I was going to move to any city in TX it would be maybe Austin". At least a dozen people have said this. I did initially look into this, however 1. No jobs in my field there and 2. I'm not a big fan of well, hipsters. I have enough here in Brooklyn.

6. "Dallas is so plastic, it's like a mini L.A. and some people are fake". I have no idea on this one as I don't pass judgment. But there are all kinds of people here in NYC from fake to real, I imagine the DFW area is no different.

People here do care about their appearance. I have never seen so many lash extensions, breast enhancements, blondes, louis vuitton bags, designer clothes, pilates studios, etc. until I moved here. Seems like both men and women are always impeccably dressed, and take good care of their physical selves. But like anywhere, you will find a lot of real and fake people.

One thing I like about the people here: they tell it like it is. None of the sugar-coating, bless-her-heart nonsense I experienced in Atlanta.

7. "Fort Worth is more Dallas' country bumpkin cousin, you might want to be there instead" I don't even know where to go with this one.

Everything I had imagined about Texas before I moved here can be seen in Ft. Worth it is more country western than Dallas for sure!

I will make my own observations while there, but kind of tired of hearing the assumptions and narrow mindedness of other Northerners. They keep talking as if everyone below the Mason / Dixon line is all toothless rednecks still flying the Confederate Flag and making moonshine in their barn. I know quite a few people out there (9 total) and none of them are like that.

Texas is in the south only geographically. I consider it completely different than " The South" that is GA, AL, MS, SC. I have yet to see a redneck in these parts and you will not see the Confederate Flag. What you will find are people extremely state- proud, lots of Texas flags, friendly people.

I tried to reply by each number in red font - see my replies next to each question.
It is not NYC, but it is still a great city!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-29-2012 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: repaired color issue ;)

Old 03-29-2012, 05:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:

1. Exaggeration.
2. Dead wrong. Dallas has a large and thriving Jewish community.
3. True.
4. It is conservative here, but probably not as much as people assume.
5. Austin's traffic is legendary.
6. True.
7. FW is not podunk, but it is friendlier than Dallas.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:29 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,817,748 times
Quote:

Keep an open mind and adopt the When in Rome mentality and you should do just fine down there.

I would suggest visiting like I have, for long periods if you can. For me, being from the Northeast and having family living down there has been very helpful to evaluate the area. It's been 4 years now, several visits each year and I still like the area alot. I think you will do just fine, it's not NYC (nothing is), but it's a very Cosmo city/area, and extremely affordable.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:08 AM

64 posts, read 279,279 times
First, to the OP, why do you care what other people think? If you're happy with your decision, go with it! But if you have doubts, I can see how these types of comments would only add to your anxiety/doubt about the move.

Now, to the post that I copied below because I haven't figured out how to quote a post within a post... My comments are in blue but not sure that'll work either...

Originally Posted by Photography
I was on hiatus from C-D for about half a year, and have recently been lurking. I was compelled to login just to reply to this thread.

I am so sick of this city, and will be leaving in less than two years to go back to my hometown (I'm originally from Dallas, where I lived all my life prior to moving to NYC), which I am thrilled about. NYC is a very nasty, cold, frustrating, and extremely challenging city to live in. I cannot wait to get out of this God-forsaken hell hole.

I love and adore NYC. I cannot imagine living anywhere else and I have lived in many many cities around the world. I can see how you might think it's a hell hole but it takes time. You won't appreciate NYC until you've lived here for at least 10 years. You will then realize it's hard to live anywhere else.

New York City is an absolute dystopia, and it has the worst quality of life in the entire U.S. I have lived here for almost ten years. Every time I went on vacation, I found myself fantasizing about moving to wherever I went, whether it was Florida, Hawaii, California, the Pacific Northwest, the South, the Southwest, Europe, or anywhere else. When it comes to U.S. locations, as long as place isn’t too ridden with crime (and maybe even if it is), it’s all better than living in New York City.

That's because you're on vacation. Vacation spots are always nicer, which is why you went there on vacation. Doesn't mean you would like it there if you lived there. Having lived in Europe for 10 years, you would have to put a gun to my head to get me to live there with my family. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy vacationing in Europe every chance I get.

In NYC, being nice is considered a fault of some sort, or something that demands repayment. I can't even explain a lot of typical situations I encountered everyday to relatives back home without shocking and disturbing them. I have gained several stress-related conditions while living here (anxiety, high blood pressure), and they all completely developed during my time living in NYC. New Yorkers on the whole (NOT all New Yorkers are cold and nasty -- there are certainly some nice ones) are some of the rudest, coldest, nastiest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of encountering.

As Jon Stewart once said, we're misunderstood. NYers are really not that cold and nasty. We're just not warm and fuzzy. We don't like to waste words on niceties when we can just get to the point and move on with our lives. I found it very strange in Dallas that strangers were talking to me. I was thinking, "why are you talking to me?" I don't want to talk to them but I felt obligated to respond because I didn't want to come off as a total lunatic. But my view is that people who are friendly and talkative are actually imposing on my time because they're compelling me to talk to them when I really don't want to. It's not that I'm cold or nasty. I just don't want to talk to people I don't know and I don't like feeling obligated to respond.

The food is terrific, though, and it is the only thing that I will miss when I leave. A lot of restaurants are very unsanitary, however. Everyone I knew here frequently came down with food poisoning immediately after eating at restaurants of all kinds. Speaking of illnesses, colds, coughs, and flus spread like the plague in NYC, and you usually can’t avoid getting coughed or sneezed on a typical winter day. I always maintain good health and hygiene, but due to other people's complete disregard and general inconsiderateness for others (sneezing/coughing without covering their mouth), I got sick 4 separate times last year.

First, NYC has the BEST restaurants in the world. In the world. And I don't know why you frequent the unsanitary ones. All restaurants in the city have a hygiene ranking. You really have no need to go to any that has lower than an A. There are so many restaurants that are good and clean. Regarding germs, yes, NYC is a densely populated city where most people take public transit so it is easier to catch colds. You must not have a child. I get more colds from my kid (who picks it up from school) than from strangers.

The weather is also terrible here. In the summer, it is extremely hot and humid, which produces sweat while you're waiting down in the stifling (and very smelly) subway stations, with temperatures in excess of 100+ degrees. It rains a LOT here. Then, in the winter, it snows for long periods and can get very cold. If you enjoy these extremes in weather, then I can understand that. It is somewhat subjective and one person may have a different preference in weather.

Yes, it's called having four seasons.

Also, the transportation system (MTA) is pathetic. It's open 24/7 and does reach most of the city, which is nice, but it's infested with rats, roaches, homeless, disgusting smells (including human waste, which is very disturbing), litter, dirt, dust, rust, and TOXIC BLACK MOLD (next time you're in a subway station, look up - there's most likely toxic black mold growing -- this toxic black mold has adverse health hazards). The subway system is over 100 years old, so the MTA constantly has to do repairs everyday and on weekends just to try and keep up and keep the system from literally falling apart (even though they're failing miserably with the abysmal conditions of the subway system). Delays are the norm on the trains, and being crammed into the train and having to stand for your entire commute while being squished with tons of other people is not fun.

Yes, our subways systems are kinda gross. But it beats sitting in traffic, which I think is what most people in Dallas spend most of their time doing. Don't you love being able to walk a block or two and know there's a subway you can take to get anywhere you need to? The rats, yeah, well, they kinda grow on you too. Besides, the rats stay on the tracks. Helps pass the time to watch what they're doing.

It's extremely challenging to live in NYC, even doing basic things like laundry (hauling everything to the laundromat or down to your building's basement laundry room if you have one), or grocery shopping (carrying tons of bags, or using one of those silly carts that you see everyone pushing around). If you have a car, it's easier. However, if you live in a walk-up building and you live on a high floor, it gets old very fast. Also, things like dishwashers, washers, and dryers are considered luxury appliances, and are very rare to have here (even in million dollar apartments), whereas in the rest of the country, they're very commonly found in homes. (Then again, if you're rich and you live in NYC, or anywhere for that matter, life will always be much easier for you.)

Agree life is easier if you're richer but that's the nature of capitalism. I agree that doing laundry is hard if you don't have a washer/dryer in your apt. And re groceries, you can always get it delivered if you don't want to carry it yourself. What's the big deal? This is why people like you sound like complainers. It's not such a hardship, really.

Let's not forget about how absurdly expensive it is to live in NYC. Everything from monthly rent/mortgage to groceries is much more expensive here. The rent prices here are insane, and further emphasize the wealth disparity between the rich and the poor in NYC. Also, NYC has the highest combined city and state tax rates anywhere in the country. Groceries are also way overpriced, from a gallon of milk averaging $4-6 (!), and a box of cereal averaging $5-10 (!!!!). I've never understood why CEREAL is so expensive in NYC compared to other parts of the country. Take a look at cereal prices next time you go to your local grocery store and you'll see what I mean. I even shop at a crappy, pathetic excuse of a grocery store (C-Town) and I live in Queens (not Manhattan, where grocery prices are even MORE expensive), and cereal prices range from $5-10. It's completely absurd.

Ah, you live in Queens. Agree Queens is a God-forsaken hell hole. It's not pleasant there at all. Well, to be fair, there are parts of Queens that are slightly nicer. But generally not. Please don't project your opinion of Queens on the rest of my fair city.

I feel bad for New Yorkers who have never been anywhere else. Living in NYC made me see the U.S. in a whole new way. There are so very many great places to live in this country, and people in those places don’t realize how good they have it. It’s weird, ever since I've lived in NYC, there have been certain negative emotions that I just don’t feel anywhere else (panic, rage, etc.), and certain positive ones that I just haven't ever felt here in NYC (serenity, relaxation, etc.). You can see exhaustion on other people's faces who live here and experience these same challenges everyday (look around next time you're on the train or out in public, and you'll see the locals who appear exhausted and overworked), not knowing that the grass truly is greener on the other side.

Agree with you that there are many NYers who have never lived anywhere else, probably have no interest in even visiting the outer boroughs, and can only experience relaxation after popping a pill. And we are for the most part exhausted and overworked. But not everyone is like that. Have you ever taken a walk in Central Park or on the Upper West Side and observed your surroundings? The people sitting in outdoor cafes with friends and family? The playgrounds filled with neighborhoods kids? I have yet to see a playground in Dallas. They're all at the malls. I hate and despise malls and think it's ridiculous that kids spend time at a mall. What is up with that?

To those who want to leave: It’s easier than you think, and you’ll be happier (and wiser) in your new location.

To born and bred New Yorkers: I know it’s painful to hear this, but life really is a lot easier outside NYC. Get out there and find out for yourself. You can afford an entire HOUSE with a nice big front and back yard, garage, washer/dryer/dishwasher, safe community, wonderful neighbors, etc for under $200,000 (in Dallas, for example - there are many other cities around the nation that fit this description) -- your ENTIRE monthly mortgage payment would be less than the astronomical monthly rent that one pays to live in NYC! Do the math!

You're really missing the point. Everyone here knows that you can get a house and a yard and a garage if you leave NY. Heck, you can get that in NJ/CT. The point is many people don't want a house, a yard and a garage (myself included), and despite these "hardships," people still prefer to live in Manhattan over other cities. The cultural offerings, the diversity, the food, the walkability, you just don't get this anywhere else. Kids growing up in NYC are exposed to things you could never ever get in Dallas. You could turn blue trying to persuade me otherwise but it's true. Yes, it is a competitive city but life is competitive.

To people who really do love New York: I can’t relate to you. I just don’t get it, and I’ve really tried.

Clearly. But that's okay. No one is judging. To each his own. But just recognize that there is a reason that NYC is NYC and Dallas is Dallas. Honestly, other than people from Dallas, who really wants to move to Dallas? The way I see it, Dallas is aspiring to be a big cosmopolitan city like NY. You want big businesses there. You want to attract financing so that the city can further grow and develop. You want to develop the museums and the arts because these are all factors that make a city great. You want diversity of people and thought (sorely lacking at this point, sorry).

I look at places like the Dallas suburbs or even the Park Cities and I think of the movie Pleasantville. Everyone looks the same, drives the same cars, wears the same clothes. It's ostentatious. And the obsession with guns drives me crazy. And the fact that most of good restaurants are filled solely with Caucasians. And that most people vote Republican. And almost everyone goes to church. I think it's crazy that I have to drive to buy a carton of milk. And that no one delivers food.

Clearly, I have some adjusting to do if I'm going to live in Dallas...

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-29-2012 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: corrected the coloring issue

Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 AM

30 posts, read 63,971 times
I have lived all over. Born in Corpus, raised in Westchester County, NY (just outside NYC) mostly with trips back to Texas and short moves to FL and NH. Graduated HS in Greenwich, CT. As an adult I've lived in south Texas, Maryland, San Antonio, Connecticut, Texas again, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Alabama, Lousiana, Austin and now Virginia just outside of DC. Traffic in DC is the worst, even worse than NYC because you don't have the mass transit. We miss Texas really bad and thankfully are moving back this summer. I can't wait. I will miss the snow but we will take yearly ski trips to Colorado. I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather live other than Colorado but that's not an option right now and I've never lived there so I can't compare really. Also I think the summers are worse here in Nothern VA, much more humid, thankfully they are shorter.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:14 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,908 times
some people think we all ride horses and wear cowboy hats too. Lots of people are ignorant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas