Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 01:23 PM

30 posts, read 85,072 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Trying to decide between a few different areas and one is on Sailboat way, in Frisco 75034. Its a nice house in the pictures, but I don't know about the area because we are coming from Southern California.

It looks to be just off a golf course (?) and looks very close to Lake Dallas, possibly walking distance to the water.

Anyone know if this is a good area? We have two very young children, so we are looking for safe and well maintained.

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 01:26 PM

Default West/South West of Lake Dallas

Also if anyone knows about the Lewisville and Highland Village areas, West of 35. Or near Ashley Oak lane neighborhood in NW 75065, just says "Lake Dallas" for city.

Found a few places on either side of Lake Dallas, trying to figure out if the Lake area is nice and which side/neighborhoods to consider.

Thanks again!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 PM

44 posts, read 117,034 times
You would be sandwiched between a huge retirement community and a soon to be built huge apartment complex. That area is actually a little isolated. You can do better. Would need more information about where work is and what you are looking for to give a better recommendation.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:34 PM

134 posts, read 516,824 times
The Sailboat Way house is in a newer area of Frisco. It's a safe area and nice- the kind where your neighbors will wave or say hello. Most of the people in this area seem to be families with young children. The last crime I can remember is one of our neighbors having a party that got a little too loud. Someone called the cops and they came right out. It's usually so quiet at night, you can hear frogs from the lake.

There is a Wal-Mart for grocery shopping not too far, and while the area has been a little show to get going due to the economy, it is going. There is a retirement community next to you, but it is built as a housing development, and I live in this area and have heard nothing about an apartment complex. Not to say there isn't going to be one, but they haven't broken ground, and several things that were slated to be built here have not actually been done.

There are a few restaurants, a small bar, CVS, Wal-Green's, Lowe's, Hobby Lobby, Target, Starbuck's, and other things very nearby. It's a quick trip to the Colony. I have never felt isolated here, and I've been here for 5 years. You can get to Denton or the Stonebriar areas in less than half an hour. If you're wanting a safe, quiet area to grow into, this is a good place.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 AM

62 posts, read 210,628 times
The area on Sailboat way is nice and safe; however, it is in Little Elm ISD not Frisco ISD. Not sure if your children are school-aged, but if so you may want to check into both districts to make sure you're comfortable with the zoning. School choices are very personal, but I believe Frisco ISD is the more coveted district of the two. I don't have any personal experience w/ Little Elm ISD, but I can vouch that Frisco ISD is really good across the board on the elementary level. Hopefully others will chime in. Good luck with your move!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:12 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,557,784 times
Random info, but wanted to share so you don't get confused...That lake is actually called Lake Lewisville. 'Lake Dallas' is actually a TOWN on the west side of Lake Lewisville. There WAS an actual body of water called Lake Dallas (and the town of Lake Dallas was called something else) but it was incorporated into Lake Lewisville back in the...70s, I think. Confusing, huh? Anyway, just an FYI

Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
Random info, but wanted to share so you don't get confused...That lake is actually called Lake Lewisville. 'Lake Dallas' is actually a TOWN on the west side of Lake Lewisville. There WAS an actual body of water called Lake Dallas (and the town of Lake Dallas was called something else) but it was incorporated into Lake Lewisville back in the...70s, I think. Confusing, huh? Anyway, just an FYI
Wow, thanks for the clarification! Google maps.. eesh

Old 04-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLara View Post
The Sailboat Way house is in a newer area of Frisco. It's a safe area and nice- the kind where your neighbors will wave or say hello. Most of the people in this area seem to be families with young children. The last crime I can remember is one of our neighbors having a party that got a little too loud. Someone called the cops and they came right out. It's usually so quiet at night, you can hear frogs from the lake.

There is a Wal-Mart for grocery shopping not too far, and while the area has been a little show to get going due to the economy, it is going. There is a retirement community next to you, but it is built as a housing development, and I live in this area and have heard nothing about an apartment complex. Not to say there isn't going to be one, but they haven't broken ground, and several things that were slated to be built here have not actually been done.

There are a few restaurants, a small bar, CVS, Wal-Green's, Lowe's, Hobby Lobby, Target, Starbuck's, and other things very nearby. It's a quick trip to the Colony. I have never felt isolated here, and I've been here for 5 years. You can get to Denton or the Stonebriar areas in less than half an hour. If you're wanting a safe, quiet area to grow into, this is a good place.

Thank you, that really helps set up the environment, sight unseen! Thanks!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:59 PM

205 posts, read 481,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange2Angeles View Post
Also if anyone knows about the Lewisville and Highland Village areas, West of 35. Or near Ashley Oak lane neighborhood in NW 75065, just says "Lake Dallas" for city.

Found a few places on either side of Lake Dallas, trying to figure out if the Lake area is nice and which side/neighborhoods to consider.

Thanks again!
Lakeview point is very nice inside Hickory creek, its right next to Lewisville lake, you can easily walk there people do it all the time. however there isnt much around here, have to go to Highland village for everything

Moderator cut: can only cite realtor.com
Lakeview at Pointe Vista - Homeowner's Association

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-04-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas