Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 PM

19,792 posts, read 18,085,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It's still 12 miles over the speed limit. Driving isn't a right, it's a privilege, and when you get behind the wheel you are agreeing to obey the posted speed limit whether you think that speed limit is reasonable or not.
Not so much. I just took a spin up and down a stretch of 75 - I'm guessing 75% of drivers were speeding according to the signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 PM

307 posts, read 477,057 times
Tickets are municipal not county offenses so you can be on deferred ajudication probation in multiple jurisdictions (cities) at the same time. Don't get another ticket in the same city while you're on probation and you're good to go.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:24 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Not so much. I just took a spin up and down a stretch of 75 - I'm guessing 75% of drivers were speeding according to the signs.
The law is the law; if you get pulled over and get a ticket I don't want to hear any whining and I won't feel sorry for you, especially if you get pulled over in Richardson (notorious speed trap).

It'll be your own fault.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 PM

19,792 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The law is the law; if you get pulled over and get a ticket I don't want to hear any whining and I won't feel sorry for you, especially if you get pulled over in Richardson (notorious speed trap).

It'll be your own fault.
I never gripe about tickets - I look at them as a few due because of all the time I save by speeding. I speed more or less all the time everyday, I've coined myself a casual habitual speeder. I'm usually doing 8/12 or so over. I earn a ticket once every three or four years.

Don't get me going about Richardson, we lived south of UTD for a few years eons ago. My mother was written up for going 3 (IIRC) over on Campbell near UTD. I was pulled over for driving "awful safe" on Waterview. Since leaving I've never spent a penny in Richardson and I never will. It is a pretty town in a lot of areas.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 536 times
Although an old post, I was compelled to respond.
What self righteous, ignorant, hypocritical nitwits..

Texas. Nothing has changed here within the 20 yrs I've been gone..
..and allow me to respond for your predictable, small minds, yes, I will be leaving again ASAP.

You people believe you are SO superior..and you have no idea how miserable and small you and your lives are.
As if you have NEVER made a mistake before.

The job of the police is to fill the money chest of their respective county or city, nothing more.
I would not trust any of them in a crisis situation. Never.

They throw the book at you for the smallest mistake or infraction here.

Do they help? NO
Protect? You've got to be kidding me..

Pulling you over because you did not use your blinker and slap you with a $300 fine.
..or because you did not kiss their a$$ at the moment giving them the respect they imagine they deserve.

Reading the list of fines online, the fine increases with every 1mph!
Price DOUBLES within school zones ..many of which are merely speed traps.

The police can arrest you for ANYTHING. Can give you a ticket for ANYTHING..and you cannot defend yourself.
One cannot afford to!

Heaven forbid anyone make a mistake here..and I am not talking of incidences that are life threatening.
Where are the police for those running a red light all the time here?!
Swerving in and out of traffic as if they are in LeMans?!

Someone punches you in the face?! Well don't punch back because that's assault.

Drink too much? Public intoxication.

I have known people walking home because they drank too much and could not drive.
Did the cops offer them a ride home? No they harassed them..and were picked up for PI ...

I have been arrested on my own property for trespassing! Years ago....

Nothing has changed.

10mph over the speed limit is NOTHING in many areas. GET A LIFE!
Driving on any thoroughfare here, it is as if I am driving backwards attempting to remain at speed limit.

So you fools keep up the ignorance and self righteousness.
You believe people are kind here, so polite?? I'm sorry this, I'm sorry that...

NO, they are afraid. EVERYONE here is afraid....and miserable....and angry.
The United States is a fear driven country.

And you don't even see it.
Your FREE country. Madness.

Yeah, that old Goethe quote, " no people are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

Last edited by Stromberg; 01-09-2018 at 08:09 PM..

Old 01-10-2018, 09:10 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times
Well someone sure woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

Wonder what else he'll be "compelled" to do today?

Old 01-10-2018, 12:23 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
Although an old post, I was compelled to respond.
What self righteous, ignorant, hypocritical nitwits..

Texas. Nothing has changed here within the 20 yrs I've been gone..
..and allow me to respond for your predictable, small minds, yes, I will be leaving again ASAP.

You people believe you are SO superior..and you have no idea how miserable and small you and your lives are.
As if you have NEVER made a mistake before.

The job of the police is to fill the money chest of their respective county or city, nothing more.
I would not trust any of them in a crisis situation. Never.

They throw the book at you for the smallest mistake or infraction here.

Do they help? NO
Protect? You've got to be kidding me..

Pulling you over because you did not use your blinker and slap you with a $300 fine.
..or because you did not kiss their a$$ at the moment giving them the respect they imagine they deserve.

Reading the list of fines online, the fine increases with every 1mph!
Price DOUBLES within school zones ..many of which are merely speed traps.

The police can arrest you for ANYTHING. Can give you a ticket for ANYTHING..and you cannot defend yourself.
One cannot afford to!

Heaven forbid anyone make a mistake here..and I am not talking of incidences that are life threatening.
Where are the police for those running a red light all the time here?!
Swerving in and out of traffic as if they are in LeMans?!

Someone punches you in the face?! Well don't punch back because that's assault.

Drink too much? Public intoxication.

I have known people walking home because they drank too much and could not drive.
Did the cops offer them a ride home? No they harassed them..and were picked up for PI ...

I have been arrested on my own property for trespassing! Years ago....

Nothing has changed.

10mph over the speed limit is NOTHING in many areas. GET A LIFE!
Driving on any thoroughfare here, it is as if I am driving backwards attempting to remain at speed limit.

So you fools keep up the ignorance and self righteousness.
You believe people are kind here, so polite?? I'm sorry this, I'm sorry that...

NO, they are afraid. EVERYONE here is afraid....and miserable....and angry.
The United States is a fear driven country.

And you don't even see it.
Your FREE country. Madness.

Yeah, that old Goethe quote, " no people are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"
Nice first post, welcome to City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas