Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 PM

5 posts, read 10,872 times

Advertisements

what do you think of colleyville? any community you would recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Southlake would be great for you both, and would for the most part geographically be half-way for both of you. However, HIS commute will be easier and less expensive. Your commute will be roughly 15-25 min. longer than his in morning traffic (probably that much coming home if not more), and will be pretty expensive on a per month basis due to the tolls.

Is there another reason other than geographic for Southlake? Southlake is beautiful and the amenities are wonderful. But it's going to be a killer $$ wise, and sitting in traffic wise as well. Hope this helps, and welcome to Texas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 05:19 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshamee View Post
All of Colleyville is very nice.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:11 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,646,325 times
Colleyville is our #1 choice, narrowly leading Southlake right now. I like it because it feels less "busy" and seems to have more areas with mature trees and such.

Colleyville schools (well, at least GCISD, a small part of Colleyville falls in the Birdville ISD which does not have as good a rep) are also excellent, metrics aren't quite as good as Carroll/Southlake's but that's likely due to more diverse demographics (Grapevine has some areas with multi-unit housing, aka "apartments" [insert faux gasp of shock here], whereas Carroll ISD [where most of Southlake falls] is pretty much universally affluent).

Really, you can't go wrong with either. If you have to live somewhere betwixt West Plano and Fort Worth and can afford them, both suburbs are excellent choices. Colleyville may be a tiny bit easier commute to Fort Worth (depending on where you're at), Southlake a tiny bit easier to West Plano (same caveat). Anything more in-depth is splitting hairs; heck, we might be splitting hairs already.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:29 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshamee View Post

Colleyville is a nice area, but I've only been through it two or three times, and never stopped in the area. The whole premise depends on what you're really looking for. Southlake I would say is really breathtaking. The amenities in the area are nice and it's all relatively new. But going w/ that it's almost all HOA and kind of uptight if you know what I mean. I mean, great area love the golf, the homes, the ambiance. But I hear it's very much living within the rules/covenants.

Colleyville is more laid back, a little "slower" if that can be for the DFW area. Commute wise, his will still be easier, and yours MORE expensive, but unless you're IN W. Plano it's pretty much a point you will have to concede.

Both are really nice areas, but I would think you would have to really drive around and peel back the onion between the two to really make a decision.

Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas