Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 04:36 PM

4 posts, read 17,650 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

We are looking to build new N/NE of Dallas and have fallen in love with The Tribute in The Colony. Does anyone have any info about this development, builders, etc...? All we have is general info from the area sales teams (which I DO NOT trust) but overall the place is really speaking to us. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Tuckr12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 07:59 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,253,696 times
The community has been struggling for a long time. There were high hopes for it because of the proximity to the lake and having a golf course but it didn't take off the way they anticipated. The schools were not very desirable, Little Elm ISD but they are doing better now. Another major factor was the traffic on 423, which was the only way in and out, now that they are almost finished widening the road and with the bridge across the lake, it's better too. Standard Pacific and another big builder pulled out of there and sold their lots.

American Legend and Belcaire which is the luxury product of AL are there, Grand Homes are there, Coventry is also luxury product for Plantation. Highland built a lot of homes there. There is a custom builder Ryan Hartman still building, Warwick is selling their model so they're out of there too.

There are serveral homes that are resales on the market, you may get a good dear from those too. The splash park is a great seller for the community this time of year.

Naima

Old 05-29-2012, 01:35 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,856,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
The community has been struggling for a long time. There were high hopes for it because of the proximity to the lake and having a golf course but it didn't take off the way they anticipated. The schools were not very desirable, Little Elm ISD but they are doing better now. Another major factor was the traffic on 423, which was the only way in and out, now that they are almost finished widening the road and with the bridge across the lake, it's better too. Standard Pacific and another big builder pulled out of there and sold their lots.

American Legend and Belcaire which is the luxury product of AL are there, Grand Homes are there, Coventry is also luxury product for Plantation. Highland built a lot of homes there. There is a custom builder Ryan Hartman still building, Warwick is selling their model so they're out of there too.

There are serveral homes that are resales on the market, you may get a good dear from those too. The splash park is a great seller for the community this time of year.

Naima
Would this have fared better in your opinion if it were Frisco ISD? The community at 423 and Lebanon (Frisco Lakes? Not 100% sure of the name) did seem to build up and sell quickly. They advertised in large letters that they were Frisco ISD.

I love the look and feel for Tribute, have wondered why it didn't take off like other areas nearby. The ISD seems to be the big difference from what I can tell.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:02 PM

Frisco Lakes is an active adult community so the ISD shouldn't matter much. I think the other neighborhood you refer to is Waterstone. It is in the general area too and is in Frisco ISD.

The school district drives the property values big time so yes, if it was in Frisco ISD, it would have been a success and I can even say that it would have sold out by now.

Naima

Old 05-29-2012, 03:06 PM

812 posts, read 2,183,557 times
I've been in that area a lot from my golfing experience (Stewart Peninsula, The Tribute). It's a hike to anywhere, so not sure you are going to be commuting or just retiring and looking at pretty view. Pluses and Minuses just like anywhere. If you need to be anywhere soon in any of the job areas or anywhere you want to shop, or eat (other than Sonic, etc) you may need to look around.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,856,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Frisco Lakes is an active adult community so the ISD shouldn't matter much. I think the other neighborhood you refer to is Waterstone. It is in the general area too and is in Frisco ISD.

The school district drives the property values big time so yes, if it was in Frisco ISD, it would have been a success and I can even say that it would have sold out by now.

Naima
Yes, Waterstone is what I was thinking of....

Old 05-30-2012, 06:34 AM

4 posts, read 17,650 times
Thank you! It was driving us crazy trying to understand how/why it wasn't selling very well - and not being Frisco ISD might very well be the explanation. One more question: we visited Warwick and really liked what they had to say, although, it almost sounded too good to be true. Anyone have any experience with them? We're not afraid to ask questions... but having never gone thru the building experience, we may not be asking the right questions. ANY thoughts/advice (for any builder, as well as, Warwick) will be GREATLY appreciated!

Old 05-30-2012, 08:01 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,746,723 times
Schools and the commute are the negatives.

If you work along PGBT or further in, its 30 min during no traffic. but an hour during the rush, or worse. And even with the widening it will just get worse.

Little Elm ISD has a long way to go.

I would also look into actual appraisals vs the cost to build. Having to show up at signing with several K more than you expected is a deal breaker.

Since you are looking for places like it, I'd also look at Hills of Kingswood.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckr12 View Post
Thank you! It was driving us crazy trying to understand how/why it wasn't selling very well - and not being Frisco ISD might very well be the explanation. One more question: we visited Warwick and really liked what they had to say, although, it almost sounded too good to be true. Anyone have any experience with them? We're not afraid to ask questions... but having never gone thru the building experience, we may not be asking the right questions. ANY thoughts/advice (for any builder, as well as, Warwick) will be GREATLY appreciated!
Warwick build nice homes.

Of course you like what they have to say, the builders salespeople are extensively trained to sell you the location and product and you will feel like you are getting an excellent deal. Heck, many of them can sell ice to esquimos.

I highly recommend that you work with a Realtor, particularly a buyer's agent who will tell you the truth and unbias opinion about location, layout, price etc.

Naima

Old 01-01-2015, 08:36 AM

19 posts, read 41,803 times
Meritage started selling homes in Stonehaven at The Tribute , I like their elevations

STEM school ( K-8) started operating from 2014-15.

Please share latest outlook about this community ( The Tribute)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas