Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:46 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times

Advertisements

I was floored just doing a drive-around Lakewood last month! There is so much money coming in here that it makes me uncomfortable. Be careful of what you ask for, indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I was floored just doing a drive-around Lakewood last month! There is so much money coming in here that it makes me uncomfortable. Be careful of what you ask for, indeed!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:11 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,084,131 times
.....I am willing to spend $1000 to $1500 on rent and need a minimum of three bedrooms (though I really would perfer to be closer to $1000 rather than $1500)......

Your budget for a 3 bedroom home( at least in west to North Plano) will need to be higher... i'm talking about $1600 on average for the size of home you are looking at. Your range needs to be (realistically) around $1400-1800 on the low end to $5000-$$$$$ on the high end to rent a 3 bedroom 2 bath ANYTHING (this includes apartments) in west/ North plano. The rental market in DFW has gone nuts in the last few years thanks to a number of factors ( the housing bubble, out-of state transplants, etc) and has no plans of going down anytime soon. ( source... i work in the mortgage industry and i'm a West Plano home renter currently) For east plano i have no idea but i dont think it will be that different.

I laugh when i see some comments on here from home 'owners' that assume that those who rent are automatically low-income rugrats that have come to feed on their hard earned school districts.... err, no... not so much....lol...

It costs a lot of money to rent around here these days...I'll be buying as soon as i decide where my kid will go to school but thats another thread...

As for daycare, i pay approximatley $1100 a month for my two year old and i'm still suprised every time i write that check..... This doesnt include all the other stuff ( supply fees, activities, registration, BREAKFAST) that you end up paying for outside of the fee. And no, it isnt the most expensive daycare... a good one... but not most expensive.

Last edited by BLDSoon; 06-19-2012 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas