Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
This is why I'm interested. Looking forward to Central and Walnut Hill location. I love Whole Foods but the prices just kill me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You'll be waiting a while; last I heard it'll be 2014 before it opens.
Correct, per Trader Joe's in Plano opens September 7 | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth:
Quote:
A third Trader Joe's in DFW is slated to open first quarter 2013 on Lower Greenville in Dallas. The fourth, at U.S. 75 and Walnut Hill Lane in Dallas, is scheduled for 2014.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
You'll be waiting a while; last I heard it'll be 2014 before it opens.
Yeah, I know. If there's one thing I have, it's time. In the meantime I hit Sprouts. It's a bit of a haul for me but not too bad.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know. If there's one thing I have, it's time. In the meantime I hit Sprouts. It's a bit of a haul for me but not too bad.

I'm lucky; I have one nearby in Richardson. For now I also have a Whole Foods close by, but they'll be moving to Addison in a few months. (Quitters.)

Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I'm lucky; I have one nearby in Richardson. For now I also have a Whole Foods close by, but they'll be moving to Addison in a few months. (Quitters.)
I have the Preston Forest and Lane Park Whole Foods close by. I really do love it there, but like I said, the prices...ugh. It's a special treat for me. I usually hit the small Preston Royal Central Market before I'll hit Whole Foods. Hit the Sprouts down at Forest and Marsh today only because I was already down that way.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 PM

119 posts, read 247,772 times
I love Trader Joe's and missed it when moving down here. Lots of quirky stuff to try out and some lower priced, good quality items. I bought some nuts and dried fruits, maple syrup, all for very cheap. The eggplant hummus is amazing and not chunky like the baba ghanoush is that I've had at restaurants down here. We got the cookie butter, which is really good (pairs well with pumpkin oatmeal!) but I wouldn't eat it by itself. The Joe Joe's are like Oreos but I believe they don't have any strange ingredients (haven't looked though) and at holiday time they have chocolate covered or mint ones. The wines are good in sangrias, or after letting them breathe.
I totally sound nuts, but we love Trader Joe's. It wasn't even as busy as I was expecting (Saturday morning).
We got some low fat brie because the idea of it was too strange not to try (haven't yet) and some Wisconsin sharp cheddar for I think $4/lb? It is great cheese.
Anyway, give it a try if you haven't!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
I have the Preston Forest and Lane Park Whole Foods close by. I really do love it there, but like I said, the prices...ugh. It's a special treat for me. I usually hit the small Preston Royal Central Market before I'll hit Whole Foods. Hit the Sprouts down at Forest and Marsh today only because I was already down that way.

Even when Whole Foods leaves Richardson there will be 3 a short distance away...the new location in Addison, plus Park Lane and Preston Forest. None are all that far away. For groceries it's pretty high but it's not bad for some things. I think Central Market is as high on a lot of their produce and higher on some groceries.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Even when Whole Foods leaves Richardson there will be 3 a short distance away...the new location in Addison, plus Park Lane and Preston Forest. None are all that far away. For groceries it's pretty high but it's not bad for some things. I think Central Market is as high on a lot of their produce and higher on some groceries.
I like to get the HEB brand stuff...yogurt, etc...

Old 09-11-2012, 09:18 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,557,083 times
Went last night. Wasn't bad at all.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 AM

127 posts, read 259,201 times
It was pretty busy at 8pm when we went lastnight, hard to navigate through the store. Although, this TJs is a lot bigger than some of the other ones I have been in, wider isles. THey kept opening new registers to deal with the lines but really what they needed was baggers. Every checker took twice as long because after scanning everything then they had to bag it. WHen a bagger came up to help the manager told them to just open another register instead.

Good stuff and great selection. I am munching away on Triple Ginger Snaps this morning, they are awesome.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:15 PM

8 posts, read 31,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweestrom View Post
Trader Joe's in Plano opens tomorrow, Sept 7th!! Can't wait! When we moved here from CA 6 yrs ago, I emailed Trader Joe's and In-N-Out asking if they would consider opening stores in TX - now they will be both be here, woo hoo! Now how can I get the weather to be milder like CA? lol
El Torito is still around?? I waited tables there in the mid 80's in the Seattle area, but haven't seen one there in at least a decade. I miss it!! Their nachos really spoiled me for anybody else's! I just assumed they'd gone out of business!

Last edited by KathyTXfromSea; 09-18-2012 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: add quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas