Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 07:03 PM

179 posts, read 557,569 times

Advertisements

So I think we have settled on Richardson unless a killer deal comes up in Lakewood. With my commute to Far North Dallas from Downtown totally sucking, I am ready to be closer and DH can take DART to Deep Ellum. We actually saw a house in Richardson Heights and put in an application, but we are the second folks to do so, so there is no guarantee (the other lady was leaving just as I arrived...grrr.) anyway...I want some opinions on Heights Elementary. It is recognized, not exemplary - but I know there is also more to a school than test scores, so I am curious to hear from those who have kids actually attending the school. Also any thoughts on the FUMCR MDO/preschool? They have openings, it is a miracle.

The good news is that we have some time, so if this house doesn't work out, we will just have to keep trolling for and pouncing on 'for rent' signs until we land something that will work for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 07:10 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I think it was exemplary until the state revised its rankings very recently. Whether recognized or exemplary, what I've heard from parents who use it is that it's an outstanding school. I don't have kids so I wouldn't know from personal experience.

I live in the Heights Park neighborhood where the school is located, and it's a great area. I like it very much. If you're having trouble with beating people to the punch, I can put you in touch with a local realtor who knows the area very well. I've never used that firm but I hear good things about them from others. Let me know.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:30 PM

If this house doesn't work out, I may DM you for that realtor's info. The house we put in the application on was north of Belt Line, so I think it was in Heights Park (I can never keep these things straight lol.)

Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualM View Post
If this house doesn't work out, I may DM you for that realtor's info. The house we put in the application on was north of Belt Line, so I think it was in Heights Park (I can never keep these things straight lol.)
If it's north of Belt Line then yes, it's Heights Park. Richardson Heights is south of Belt Line.

What street is the house on if you don't mind me asking? I know more than one realtor around here and if this one falls through I may be able to wheedle some front pocket info out of the realtors about up and comers on the market.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:38 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

I live in the Heights Park neighborhood where the school is located, and it's a great area. I like it very much. If you're having trouble with beating people to the punch, I can put you in touch with a local realtor who knows the area very well. I've never used that firm but I hear good things about them from others. Let me know.
Does the last name start with an R?

Old 06-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Does the last name start with an R?
Them among others...

Old 06-08-2012, 05:34 PM

Blerg the other lady got the house. The owner liked us better but hey, first come, first served. Such is life. Can you DM me some info on realtors? The house was on Northill, it was a sign in the yard kind of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas