Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 08:01 AM

65 posts, read 314,783 times

Advertisements

I think sexy is the wrong word. I think maybe the poster is saying that Dallas has lots of attractive people that seem to take pride in their appearance. Since most of the country is overweight, of course there are more overweight folks here than fit ones, as in most U.S. cities. But it seems there are just an abundance of attractive people here. When, I moved to Fort Worth from Boston, I was fairly fit. After over a year in Fort Worth I had gained 30lbs. (There's a reason Fort Worth is called Cowtown). When I moved to Dallas, I couldn't believe how attractive and fit the people were. Not just in Uptown, but North Dallas, East Dallas, etc. That inspired me to drop the weight I gained in Fort Worth and do other things to improve my appearance. I'm not plastic looking or anything..but when I went home to Boston for a visit after over a year of being in Dallas, everyone kept telling me how great I looked. And when my mom came to visit Dallas she said she couldn't believe how good looking the people were here. If you doubt it, take a jog any day of the week on the Katy Trail.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:22 AM

506 posts, read 2,148,653 times
Historically, Dallasites (in general) have cared about their appearance. That's one thing my grandmother, who was born in Dallas in the early 1900's, used to comment about after moving away from Dallas (to Austin) in the early 1930's. She always referred to Dallas as "dressy" - and she said it with pride.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,174 times
Dallas is full of 'talent' People seem to be very conscience of their appearance.

If you ever get tired of it, you can always go to OK. Everyone looks the same there.

I'm always happy to return here when I travel, and I came from Socal, so my standards are high.

I also like that many of the attractive people here are also very educated (all went to the same exact 3 colleges, but hey you can't have it all)

Old 09-25-2007, 04:54 PM

46 posts, read 202,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophix View Post
You see so many hot and sexy people in Dallas, especially from Uptown and northward. I almost broke my neck and got into a few car accidents while staring at all the hotties (male and female) walking and driving. Dallas definitely has more attractive people per capita than Houston.

You are looking at both sexes? You swing both ways then. I agree this is such a waste of thread.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:39 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,174 times
What's wrong with people noticing that people in Dallas care about their appearance ?

Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 AM

39 posts, read 532,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worried'n'FRISCO View Post
You are looking at both sexes? You swing both ways then. I agree this is such a waste of thread.
So what? You say that like it's a bad thing - TONS of gay and bisexual people live in Dallas. I'm a guy and I find other guys attractive...big deal!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:39 AM

39 posts, read 532,951 times
By the way, I'm not just talking about people caring about their appearances...I'm just talking about the physical look of people here. The girls have tight bods, beautiful faces, amazing ASSets, nice bosoms. The guys, tight bods, beautiful faces, etc.

I guess it's true what they say....Dallas really is the LA of the South....hahaha.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 AM

457 posts, read 431,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worried'n'FRISCO View Post
If you don't like the subject matter, don't read it. Nobody forced you to give your opinion.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:44 AM

65 posts, read 314,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophix View Post
By the way, I'm not just talking about people caring about their appearances...I'm just talking about the physical look of people here. The girls have tight bods, beautiful faces, amazing ASSets, nice bosoms. The guys, tight bods, beautiful faces, etc.

I guess it's true what they say....Dallas really is the LA of the South....hahaha.
Thank you. I'm not gay or bi, but I have no problem admitting a guy has a body or look I would love to have myself. Believe me, aftere living in Fort Worth and seeing way too many potbellies, fat butts, poor hygiene, poorly and inappropiately dressed people, (even in the areas that are supposed to be trendy and upscale) Dallas is a welcomed change. In a country where most people look like those in Cowtown, being in a city where people seem to to have pride in how they look is refreshing and worthy of discussion.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:15 AM

415 posts, read 1,717,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
This is a very shallow thread, what a waste of bandwidth! Do you choose your partner based on "sexiness" or character, morals, accomplishments? L.A is full of sexy people too, some of the shallowest, emptiest human beings you will ever find. Stop watching MTV, it is bad for your brain!
And yet you felt the need to contribute...

I, for one, appreciate beautiful things and don't have to mate with everything I find pretty. It is depressing to be surrounded by people who don't care about their appearance.

I submit that you have been around too many politically correct people. Humans evolved to prefer pleasing things, because that usually meant they were better (think food). Humans prefer a certain facial and body structure, because that usually meant proper nourishment and good genes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas