Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 09:58 AM

16 posts, read 90,876 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Im contemplating on moving to the DFW area in the next few months and I was wondering how the job market is. I've read good things but I wanted to get the dirt from those of you that actually live here. Is it easy to secure employment in the area? I have several years office experience and will most likely be looking for a receptionist/office assistant job while I finish up school. Is it feasible to think that I could land a "lower" level office job in just a few weeks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 11:10 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromjersey View Post
Hi All,

Im contemplating on moving to the DFW area in the next few months and I was wondering how the job market is. I've read good things but I wanted to get the dirt from those of you that actually live here. Is it easy to secure employment in the area? I have several years office experience and will most likely be looking for a receptionist/office assistant job while I finish up school. Is it feasible to think that I could land a "lower" level office job in just a few weeks?

I'm a recruiter in the construction field, however there are quite a few admin jobs throughout the Metroplex. Keep in mind you are not going to make very much money at those but you will find work assuming you interview well and are qualified.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 PM

16 posts, read 90,876 times
Thanks for the info! Now when you say that I wont make very much what do you mean by very much? Around here an entry level admin/receptionist position starts around $10hr.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:27 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,462,012 times
Yeah, that sounds about right as far as salary. You should be able to find something.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:54 PM

9 posts, read 54,744 times
Ive found jobs hard hear. I grad.. in May of 07 and work for Nortel and im looking 4 another job right now. I have put in soooo many aplications and haven't found anything yet. I find it hard to get a job that pays decent!!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:59 AM

41 posts, read 154,069 times
I'm a recruiter in the construction field.
ok I can ask you. So what do you do? my husband is in the construction industry here in Ca and is worried about finding work in Tx. We were back there last week and it looked like building was doing pretty good. Should he be concerned or not? We own a fairly large garage door company here and wanting to relocate for a better quality of life for us and our daughter.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:55 PM

29 posts, read 111,581 times
I'm a recruiter for a staffing agency and we only specailized in administrative/general office, we can normally find someone with good skills (Word/Excel/Power Point) 40wpm+ good attitude etc...normally pretty fast. We get everything in from temporary to temp to perm. The more open you are the faster we can get you somewhere and just keep you busy. I have two offices one in downtown dallas and the other up north...so consider temp agencies when you get here. Send me a private message if you want my contact information for when you get here you can start somewhere

Old 06-26-2013, 04:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,377 times
What is your Staffing Co. Need a job. Been here since 01/2013
No luck yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: