Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 5,251 times

Advertisements

Hi all, We are from Chicago and are about to move to Dallas, with our two little kids, the elder one ready for school. With weather (i love heat!!) and housing prices supposedly better and affordable, we are interested in buying a house and settling here. We prefer a cozy single family house (4BR) with just enough back & front yard to grow some household plants etc, but not too large, so our money goes into house, not land and that way getting a house in more upscale neighborhood. We prefer new construction and can afford upto 350K. Our main interest is better schools with cozy & safe neighbourhoods (with a family feel) and good transportation facilities. We are interested to stay around Indian predominant areas. Can any of you please suggest us which areas can meet our tastes? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 01:13 PM

33 posts, read 138,448 times
I am guessing you are a South Asian. There is a huge Indian Community in North Irving. And the place is also very upbeat. You description of requirments fits very much to that area....l

Old 01-10-2008, 02:52 PM

14 posts, read 42,896 times
Default same here..

my requirements are also pretty much the same as the original poster's requirements. We are moving from CA to Dallas and would like to stay in a Asian indian predominant area..We have 2 children, first one in the elementary school and we would like to buy a house in a good school district. Budget is around 350k, requirements are 4BR, atleast 2 bath , good small back and front yard, with a 2 car garage in a single level home. If anyone has any info, could u please respond. thanks..i love this forum..

Old 01-10-2008, 02:59 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,746,551 times
I would recommend Murphy. Very family friendly, very low crime, good schools and pretty diverse. I wouldn't say it's Indian predominant in anyone area, but the whole city is diverse with all ethnicities. Thinking about my end of the street it's Indian, hispanic, white, black, white, vietnamese, white (with a Brit), white, hispanic. The whole city is like that.

City of Murphy, Texas - About Our Community (http://www.murphytx.org/community/about.asp - broken link)
Untitled Document (http://www.murphytx.org/econo/index.asp - broken link)

Old 01-10-2008, 05:39 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,463,955 times
Big Indian/Asian population in Plano. Big, big.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
Dallas is very diverse and I am sure that you will not have a problem finding the right area.

Naima

Old 01-11-2008, 09:09 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,973 times
Yes, Plano has a big Indian and Asian pop. another newer area is in Allen Near the Star Creek subdivision. I can't remember the subs name, but I remember driving around there and I saw a lot of Indian people. I have friends in Plano that are Indian and Phillipino.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,463,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Yes, Plano has a big Indian and Asian pop. another newer area is in Allen Near the Star Creek subdivision. I can't remember the subs name, but I remember driving around there and I saw a lot of Indian people. I have friends in Plano that are Indian and Phillipino.
It might be Waterford. I talked to a family who moved there and they said that a lot of their neighbors were Indian and Asian - esp the Grand Homes where they could get a lot of square footage for cheaper and then have extended family live with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: