Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 PM

12 posts, read 27,446 times

Advertisements

Hi all, We will be moving to Richardson area from Plano. Need ur help in getting to know the school district. My husband's office will be on E renner road. so if u cud suggest good elementary schools which wud be closest to that location then it would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 PM

104 posts, read 164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by american.woman View Post
Hi all, We will be moving to Richardson area from Plano. Need ur help in getting to know the school district. My husband's office will be on E renner road. so if u cud suggest good elementary schools which wud be closest to that location then it would be great.

It is really going to depend on where you live. You may want to see which school you like and then make sure you find a place in those boundaries.

Stinson and Miller Elem are both good schools and are in the Plano District. I talked to the secretary at Stinson and she was super nice, friendly, and very welcoming. The area is extremely diverse in nationalities and excellent test scores. You'd just need to know what you consider a good school etc. People look for different things.

Here are the websites:
Plano Independent School District – Plano, Texas
Richardson ISD - Home Page

Here are some links to school districts and locations. One even has descriptions of the boundaries.

Plano School District:
District Maps : Plano ISD

Richardson School District Maps:
Richardson ISD - Global - Maps

Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
School districts are not by city. They are by city AND county. Richardson off E. Renner is Collin County so it's Plano schools and not Richardson.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:50 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,746,551 times
If you are already living in PISD it would make the most sense for you to stay in the Collin County part of Richardson. However, I would also stay on the eastern side of 190. Those who live in PISD on the western side of 190 attend Mendenhall Elementary which isn't really a "neighborhood school" It's a good school, but your kids will not be living anywhere near the majority of the kids from school.

Stinson, Schell, and Miller are all great schools.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:27 PM

12 posts, read 27,446 times
Dear all, Thanks so much... i got exactly what i was looking for. Stinson & Schell seems the best option for us. If anybody has any thoughts as though which one is better among these two (stinson or schell) then please share.
Thanks again ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas