Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 02:44 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,404,424 times

Advertisements

Deerfield subdivision has a nice Christmas lights display every year in which a large majority of the houses in the neighborhood decorate with relatively elaborate displays of lights and which on-lookers view from their car or from a horse carriage ride. In my opinion, among the tops in the DFW area.

I don't believe you are forced to decorate your house as an owner, but if lights and heavy neighborhood traffic for the month of December annoy you (or excite!) take that into consideration.

Last edited by TheOverdog; 06-29-2012 at 02:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 05:22 AM

226 posts, read 483,459 times
Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Nothing wrong with older homes either. Take a drive down Waterview between Belt Line and Arapaho or through the Canyon Creek or Reservation neighborhoods in Richardson and you'll see what I mean. I'll take my neighborhood of 50s ranch houses over the sterile, soulless, HOA-controlled pinkish-red brick hell that is Collin County any day of the week.
You are right on the money BigDGeek. May be I should move to your neck of the woods. I like older home and neighborhoods as well. Iam a longtime Ham and Cb opperator so I have these big antenna at my place now.most new development want let me do that.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:44 AM

186 posts, read 446,230 times
To be fair Collin County has all kind of houses. If you drive in far west Plano than there are lots of interesting homes with character and no shortage of older ranches all over CoCo. I do share your passion against bland brick homes. It seems that lots of builder used same cookie cutter in DFW. If I ever decide to buy one than it's going to be an older custom home. No cheap mass builder garbbage that they call customized to trick people.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,862,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJAN246 View Post
You are right on the money BigDGeek. May be I should move to your neck of the woods. I like older home and neighborhoods as well. Iam a longtime Ham and Cb opperator so I have these big antenna at my place now.most new development want let me do that.
I have seen some 1 acre lots with older homes in Murphy that have the radio antennas.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Deerfield subdivision has a nice Christmas lights display every year in which a large majority of the houses in the neighborhood decorate with relatively elaborate displays of lights and which on-lookers view from their car or from a horse carriage ride. In my opinion, among the tops in the DFW area.

I don't believe you are forced to decorate your house as an owner, but if lights and heavy neighborhood traffic for the month of December annoy you (or excite!) take that into consideration.
Wow...there are HOAs that force people to decorate for Christmas? This Jew would be pretty pissed if an HOA told me I had to have a stupid tacky blow-up Santa on my front lawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJAN246 View Post
I don't know if Richardson allows that or not; you'd have to check the city's ordinances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas