Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:28 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times

Advertisements

I was at the Jason's Deli near Greenville and Walnut Hill in Dallas today, which is right next door to the Presbyterian Hospital complex.

I noticed that there were some anti-abortion protestors there with signs in Spanish and a video camera on a tripod that was pointing at the rear of cars leaving the parking lot. We were using that exit along with every other Jason's Deli customer, plus people who were at the hospital for any reason whatsoever.

I think what they were doing was an outrageous invasion of privacy. Is what they were doing even legal? There's more to the story but I'll hold off on telling the rest of it until I get some responses.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:34 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
What are they planning to do with this information? Did you notify the authorities? What other details do you have that you're not sharing now?

Old 10-01-2007, 12:35 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Default Everyday, people take pictures and videos. If they do some thing illegal then that is some thing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I was at the Jason's Deli near Greenville and Walnut Hill in Dallas today, which is right next door to the Presbyterian Hospital complex.

I noticed that there were some anti-abortion protestors there with signs in Spanish and a video camera on a tripod that was pointing at the rear of cars leaving the parking lot. We were using that exit along with every other Jason's Deli customer, plus people who were at the hospital for any reason whatsoever.

I think what they were doing was an outrageous invasion of privacy. Is what they were doing even legal? There's more to the story but I'll hold off on telling the rest of it until I get some responses.
Everyday, people take pictures and videos. There is nothing wrong with taking pictures. If they do some thing illegal then that is some thing else.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
What are they planning to do with this information? Did you notify the authorities? What other details do you have that you're not sharing now?
I did notify the authorities because I resented having my license plate photographed when I was there EATING LUNCH. It pissed me off. The police can determine whether it's legal or not, but I just can't stand it when people try to intimidate women into not doing something that is perfectly legal to do, regardless of what I think of abortion.

I have no idea what they planned to do with it, but since they were recording people's license plates instead of waiting for people to come to them asking for information about their organization, I can only assume they were up to no good. Generally private organizations don't record your license plate numbers coming into and out of public places unless they're looking to harass you. It's easy to find out someone's personal details with just their license plate number.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
So maybe tonight they will be recording license plate numbers of people coming to or leaving strip joints.

People who are concerned about legal abortion should use their time more wisely by promoting good, sound programs that would work to NOT place women in the position of choice to start with.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:44 PM

200 posts, read 915,022 times
Default that is terrible...

Quote:
I did notify the authorities because I resented having my license plate photographed when I was there EATING LUNCH. It pissed me off. The police can determine whether it's legal or not, but I just can't stand it when people try to intimidate women into not doing something that is perfectly legal to do, regardless of what I think of abortion.

I have no idea what they planned to do with it, but since they were recording people's license plates instead of waiting for people to come to them asking for information about their organization, I can only assume they were up to no good. Generally private organizations don't record your license plate numbers coming into and out of public places unless they're looking to harass you. It's easy to find out someone's personal details with just their license plate number.
I think you took the right course of action. Those people can be fanatic!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So maybe tonight they will be recording license plate numbers of people coming to or leaving strip joints.

People who are concerned about legal abortion should use their time more wisely by promoting good, sound programs that would work to NOT place women in the position of choice to start with.
They need to do that exactly..
They need to put their money where their mouth is and start programs to help the unwanted children that are already in this world, because there are allot of them.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Default That information belongs to the state.

Quote:

Don't worry so much about it. As long as you reported it to the authorities. Do you think they can track you down, because they have your license number? How would they do that? That information belongs to the state.

If they did not talk to you, how would they know you believe in abortions?

Does only people who believe in abortions, use that hospital and deli?

Old 10-01-2007, 12:52 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Don't be naive. Info searches can be done by third-graders. License plates aren't exactly high-security. It's wrong, sure, but it happens.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Don't worry so much about it. As long as you reported it to the authorities. Do you think they can track you down, because they have your license number? How would they do that? That information belongs to the state.

If they did not talk to you, how would they know you believe in abortions?

Does only people who believe in abortions, use that hospital and deli?
I'm guessing that abortions are performed at that hospital, otherwise why would they be there? It's a pretty random place to protest; they seem to prefer major intersections where they're seen by more people. Also, what's the point of recording license plate numbers unless you plan to do something with the information?

The information may belong to the state, but there are tons of websites where you can pay a small fee and track the person the plate is registered to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: