Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 PM

681 posts, read 1,671,181 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I recently went to Thai's Thumbs Restaurant in Richardson on 3610 Shire Blvd, ste 112, Richardson TX and found the food to be pretty authentic (as a Thai). The restaurant was pretty large (by NYC standards) and also very clean. We were served by the owner and as fellow Thai's felt very well taken care of.

Can you guys recommend any other worthwhile Thai restaurants we can try out?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 08:54 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
My personal favorites are:

Jasmine Thai on Spring Creek and Custer. It is mostly southern Thai food and caters primarily to the Muslim/South Asian clientele, but excellent none the less.

Zenna on 75. They have a special Thai menu for those who want their food cooked more to the Thai palette as opposed to the American.

Coconut Thai in Farmers Branch on Webb Chappell and Belt Line. Same as Zenna, but I like their food even more.

My wife is Thai so I know my Thai food and these three are excellent spots by any standard.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:21 AM

126 posts, read 339,590 times
Banana Leaf on Preston and McCallum. Used to be a hit and miss (in service) a few years ago but they have upped the service of late and the taste is really good. Definitely worth a try.

This is my personal fav.....Noodle wave on Coit and Spring valley. This place is small and sometimes has long wait times but the food more than makes up for it.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 AM

69 posts, read 238,198 times
I can confirm that Noodle Wave is FANTASTIC!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM

350 posts, read 867,454 times
+1 on Noodle Wave

Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyqb View Post
Banana Leaf on Preston and McCallum. Used to be a hit and miss (in service) a few years ago but they have upped the service of late and the taste is really good. Definitely worth a try.

This is my personal fav.....Noodle wave on Coit and Spring valley. This place is small and sometimes has long wait times but the food more than makes up for it.
Finding a restaurant that has long wait times for seating is a good sign that the food is good. Here in NYC, there is a good Thai place that I go to where the wait can be 30+ mins to an hour. On friday and saturday nights, You have to take a number and wait for your number to be called on the screen. It's like being at the DMV lol

Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
My personal favorites are:

Jasmine Thai on Spring Creek and Custer. It is mostly southern Thai food and caters primarily to the Muslim/South Asian clientele, but excellent none the less.

Zenna on 75. They have a special Thai menu for those who want their food cooked more to the Thai palette as opposed to the American.

Coconut Thai in Farmers Branch on Webb Chappell and Belt Line. Same as Zenna, but I like their food even more.

My wife is Thai so I know my Thai food and these three are excellent spots by any standard.
How does your wife like it living in TX? Does she find the quality of the Thai food acceptable, or does she prefer to cook it at home?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:32 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chad View Post
How does your wife like it living in TX? Does she find the quality of the Thai food acceptable, or does she prefer to cook it at home?
She finds the quality very good overall. Primarly because most Thai places here are owned and run by Thai people. The places I listed all have Thai cooks. All three also have a special Thai menu so that if you want something cooked the way a Thai person would prefer, you can get it.

I find the Thai food here to be of a pretty high quality.

As far as just living she likes it as well. Primarily because we have an excellent jobs, a good house in a good neighborhood, diversity and multiculturalism abounds, the food (ethnic and non-ethnic) is excellent, and we have good friends.

The only thing that sucks about being here is that there isnt a lot to do outdoors.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:37 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
I love Jasmine Thai - they make my fave tom yum goong with prawns. My parents adore their pra ram. (sp?)

I've just ordered from Sawadika Thai (Campbell in Richardson near 75) twice. Their tom yum is sub-par, but their coconut based dishes are super-yum. Best peanut sauce I've had in a while, and also the best green curry I've found around these parts.

Bambu on Campbell and Coit in Richardson is an excellent all-round choice.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:00 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Tippy's Thai Cafe has just opened at Preston and LBJ. They are only open for breakfast and lunch. My favorite is Royal Thai in old Town - Greenville@Lovers area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas