Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 10:07 PM

77 posts, read 131,386 times

Advertisements

Hey, all...

I was playing around with Google Earth, and found a nice little area right beside Richland College that had a bunch of Shed-Style architecture homes, but as I explored the area more via street view, the more I began to think they might be condos, since they look small, and because of how the garages are set up. Plus there seems to be a communal pool and tennis court. However, I couldn't find any sign to tell me if this was a condo development or not. Does anyone here know? I've attached a map, with street names.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 10:37 PM

1,637 posts, read 4,104,736 times
Could this be it? If so, it appears to be a neighborhood of individually-owned townhomes:

http://www.chimneyhilltownhomes.com/

Description from their website: ChimneyHill Townhomes consist of 404 homes with over 1000 residents. Noted for its Carribean architural style, the many oak trees and quaint lamplights, ChimneyHill Townhomes has been a Dallas landmark since its development in the early 70s. The ChimneyHill Homeowners Association maintains all grounds, amenities and exteriors to keep our community beautifully attractive year-round.

ChimneyHill Townhomes - - GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY

Old 08-24-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acntx View Post
Could this be it? If so, it appears to be a neighborhood of individually-owned townhomes:

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more

Description from their website: ChimneyHill Townhomes consist of 404 homes with over 1000 residents. Noted for its Carribean architural style, the many oak trees and quaint lamplights, ChimneyHill Townhomes has been a Dallas landmark since its development in the early 70s. The ChimneyHill Homeowners Association maintains all grounds, amenities and exteriors to keep our community beautifully attractive year-round.

ChimneyHill Townhomes - - GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
Yep, that's it! Thanks! The development does look like it was built in the 70's, but that's interesting that they call it Carribean architectural style... the bulk of the homes there are very much Shed-Style, because of the sloping roof pitches and the clerestory windows. Oh, well. Thanks for the info and the link... I'm gonna check the place out when I get to Dallas.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:21 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
They are privately owned town homes. A friend of mine lived there for a few years. The townhouse community is nice, and the neighbors are good, but the area immediately surrounding it is not good anymore.

Old 08-25-2012, 03:43 PM

^

Yeah, I noticed that there are bars on the windows, which kind of put up a red flag in my mind. May I ask what about the area isn't that great... gang activity, graffiti, crime?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:26 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam McCord View Post
^

Yeah, I noticed that there are bars on the windows, which kind of put up a red flag in my mind. May I ask what about the area isn't that great... gang activity, graffiti, crime?
Yes,all of that.
The apartments in the area were never really good,and have turned ghettos. Most of the crime in the area comes from them.

In the couple of years that my friend lived there, her car was broken into twice while it was parked in the carport behind her place. That was why she sold her place and moved out.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:28 PM

Damn, that sucks. That's kinda scary, considering how that area is literally right across the street from the college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas