Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 03:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,147 times

Advertisements

i am trying to relocate to texas and want to live in north dallas. wat cities have good public schools and nice neighbourhoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,677,629 times
Read the threads in the stickies at the top of this forum as your questions are too general. The Dallas region is bigger than some states. Once you have a job, then tell us where it is and the other usual info. But read the stickies FIRST.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,890 times
i got a job in arlington texas and wanted to look for accomodation around that area or surrounding areas like grand prairee or irving but i have no clue about these areas.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:02 AM

377 posts, read 574,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeijai View Post
i got a job in arlington texas and wanted to look for accomodation around that area or surrounding areas like grand prairee or irving but i have no clue about these areas.
Now that I'm back in my roots area near the USA White House in the Maryland suburbs, I understand "Dallas". There are two Dallases: Dallas County and Dallas City. Here in Maryland there are two Baltimores: Baltimore City and Baltimore County.

In Texas when you live in Dallas, you actually live in Dallas, Dallas County, TX. When I lived in Garland, it was actually Garland, Dallas , TX.

When I lived in Pikesville, Maryland, in the 1950's, I lived in Pikesville, Baltimore , MD. I didn't realize it back then but I do now, people who live in Baltimore live in Baltimore, Maryland. People in Baltimore, Maryland do not live in Baltimore, Baltimore , Maryland.

So it's important to get the infrastructure straight of Dallas County. Dallas County is the highest level. When they say "ISD" it's impotant too. It means EXACTLY what it says: Independent School District. When I lived in the very northeast corner of Garland, there were 3 ISD's, Garland, Richardson and Plano. Back in the 1990's Richardson had one of the best USA schools. Most of RISD was composed of North Dallas, Dallas, TX.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:18 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,626,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeijai View Post
I would suggest looking at google-maps or something and familiarizing yourself with the arlinglton/grand prairie/irving areas. Look at the city names and search this forum for previous posts. Come back with some more specific questions. You asked for North Dallas and that is an entirely different area from where your job is and fairly far from Arlington. Traffic here can be a mess so living close to work is crucial.

Good luck.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:29 AM

690 posts, read 1,724,888 times
If you read any of the entries, everyone says to live within a reasonable commute time to
where you are working due to traffic and road construction.
North Dallas is not necessarily that close to Irving, Arlington, Grand Prairie.
What is your Budget and what kind of amenities are you looking for.

All these cities have safe, good education, and all can fit multiple types of budgets.
You should be able to find something that would suite your needs in Arlington itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas