Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 06:52 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
You would love living in in the Turtle Creek area. Very wooded and well landscaped. Close to your new job. Wedged between all the cool intown areas. You can seriously walk to Oak Lawn, Uptown, Highland Park and Knox-Henderson areas from Turtle Creek. Lots of nice parks and the Katy Trail is very active and very well done and expanding.
Perfect post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 AM

407 posts, read 829,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.matchstick View Post
Happy to see this is a curent conversation! I'm an Atlanta native who has been offered to relocate to Dallas for work in the Turtle Creek area. I've never been to any of Texas...and have to make a quick decision about relocating and would be moving in the next week or two.

I'll admit I'm nervous I would miss the greenery and hills, and the weather. How's the difference in summer climate? I've been doing some research of comps between heat and humidity.

Should I expect to drastically adjust what I'm used to (heat wise) here? Nevada is the only Western state I've visited (this was in the early fall season). Are the lower humidity levels in Dallas enough to balance the heat compared to the stifling humidity in GA?

Is Dallas bike friendly? I've been considering living in the design district area, where I could ride my bike to commute...or is this a joke because of the heat? Don't want to be all sweaty heading to work in the morning....
Well first of all, welcome to Texas. Never been to GA so I cannot make a comparison on the weather between the 2 states.

As far as the humidity factor, it's worse between March to June, as we get the tradewinds from the Gulf (also our stormiest time of the year). We average more rainfall on those months than any other time of year

From around mid-June to latter Augest is our hottest season. Expect to see temps climb as high as 105. Last year's heat wave was especially brutal and saw temps as high as 110.

Dallas is not really known for being 'pedestrian friendly', I'm afraid but I am sure there are great bike parks, however. You may want to check Google

Winter is pretty mild and we'll see snow maybe 2 or 3 days out of the year. Our biggest thing is ice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas