Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 01:49 PM

57 posts, read 109,533 times

Advertisements

Hi All, I understand that you cannot post about specific agents, but if you guys can private message me good real estate agents that you have experience with i would appreciate it.

We are in the market for new construction or very new homes 0-2 years, in the frisco, Allen area, we are first time home buyers, i want an agent that is familiar with new construction can walk me through the phases and is hard at negotiating. I used to be in sales granted it isnt homes but the skills still transfer over at some levels. I will be interviewing 3-4 agents so as many names as possible is helpful.

From reading here i will be getting an inspector to inspect the different stages of the construction, this agent must be able to help me get those issues resolved with the builder if they dont see eye to eye (not sure if this falls under an agents job, or once you sign the contract they basically are done with you)

The agent should also be able to recommend the top 3 builders in the market. (IF anyone here has experience with any builders positive or negative please private message me that as well)

I would also take some names of reputable inspection companies/people

Any other advice for a new homebuyer is truly appreciated

Thank you in advance for your time

Regards
A.H.

MOD Note: Just a reminder all, no specific real estate company, broker or agent name or mortgage bank/company or website recommendations can be posted in forum - Send DM only

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 09-10-2012 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: mod note added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 AM

257 posts, read 550,244 times
You are looking for something very specific, and I'm guessing that no one on this forum has the perfect realtor for you.

I would recommend asking your friends or neighbors (especially in the area where you are buying) who they have used. If that doesn't work out, call some of the larger real estate offices in the area and ask which agents work with first-time homebuyers and specialize in new construction homes. Then when you sit down with those realtors for an interview, ask them the other questions in your post. You will get a good feel for who really knows the market by how they answer your questions. You'll also find out if this is a person you can feel confident in and trust to get you the best deal. If not, call some others and keep looking.

Another option is to search on realtor.com for the type of homes you're looking for and see which agents have those listings. Or go to some open houses in your target neighborhood and meet those agents.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:05 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Remember we cannot post Realtors names on the forum. We have several good realtors who are members and if you see a house icon next to their name, that shows you who they are. Please send the OP a direct message with names.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:00 PM

57 posts, read 109,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmab View Post
You are looking for something very specific, and I'm guessing that no one on this forum has the perfect realtor for you.

I would recommend asking your friends or neighbors (especially in the area where you are buying) who they have used. If that doesn't work out, call some of the larger real estate offices in the area and ask which agents work with first-time homebuyers and specialize in new construction homes. Then when you sit down with those realtors for an interview, ask them the other questions in your post. You will get a good feel for who really knows the market by how they answer your questions. You'll also find out if this is a person you can feel confident in and trust to get you the best deal. If not, call some others and keep looking.

Another option is to search on realtor.com for the type of homes you're looking for and see which agents have those listings. Or go to some open houses in your target neighborhood and meet those agents.

Thanks for the advice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: