Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 06:40 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It should be but Dallas is notorious for having rotten, ghetto shopping centers in the middle of what is otherwise prime real estate. It's baffling.
Maybe it'll clean up whenever TJs and whatever else moves in right down the street in the year 2025 or whenever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 09:55 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Maybe it'll clean up whenever TJs and whatever else moves in right down the street in the year 2025 or whenever.

That's what they said in (fill in year) when they built (fill in name of store/development). - Said at any point between 1950 and 2012....

Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 PM

714 posts, read 2,932,493 times
Quote:

Also, what are they doing at the old Luby's at Central and Meadow? Lots of action there and saw a sign saying something about the construction being done by some company that deals with medical buildings.
I also wish I knew what is happening there. I wish they would put in a nice restaurant, I work in the area. But it will probably be another "Cash for Gold" or "Title Loan" place.

The Grandy's was closed recently, not that I am a fan of Grandy's.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:24 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
I asked this in another thread but never got an answer. They've torn down the old Chili's at Meadow and Greenville. Next to it is an older building that's been vacant for some time. It's white with a green roof and my guess is it's from the time when that area was Vickery. Anyone know what it was back in the day? Lakewooder??? Just curious. I know it will be torn down sooner than later.
That chili's is where I saw the first news reports of the Rodney King beating on the national news. My family and I went quiet and then we couldn't believe it. A couple of days later, I moved to Los Angeles and heard it nonstop..

I thought that there was a Stop N GO near there (on the corner of Meadow & Greenville) that was "wet" ( you could buy beer and liquor), not "dry" like the other parts of Greenville.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:31 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
There was a Luby's there? I hardly ever went to Central and Meadow...people in PH tended to not shop there because the clientele at that shopping center could be a little scary sometimes.

As far as I know, that Kroger closed in the early 1980s and there hasn't been anything in that spot since, though I haven't been in Dallas non-stop since birth and there could have been a 'blink and miss it' tenant in the interim.
I used to shop at that Krogers when I lived there from 88-91. There were also a Tom Thumb, McDonalds, Blockbuster and a Minyards in the shopping center at the corner of Meadow and Central (northwest corner), at least I think.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:36 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
I also wish I knew what is happening there. I wish they would put in a nice restaurant, I work in the area. But it will probably be another "Cash for Gold" or "Title Loan" place.

The Grandy's was closed recently, not that I am a fan of Grandy's.
I used to like Grandy's but it has, at least that location, gone way downhill over the years. I went to grab dinner there a few months before it closed and they told me they were out of chicken. How does Grandy's run out of chicken around 5 pm??

I think Luby's is going to be some medical building, according to the constuction co signs.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:11 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I thought that there was a Stop N GO near there (on the corner of Meadow & Greenville) that was "wet" ( you could buy beer and liquor), not "dry" like the other parts of Greenville.
That was the "last chance" liquor stop between the town of Vickery and and Buckingham/Richardson. Deuback's Skating Rink was just beyond.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I used to shop at that Krogers when I lived there from 88-91. There were also a Tom Thumb, McDonalds, Blockbuster and a Minyards in the shopping center at the corner of Meadow and Central (northwest corner), at least I think.

The dead Kroger I'm referring to is the one on Walnut Hill between Presby and 75.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 AM

714 posts, read 2,932,493 times
I remember in the early 1990s, across from the Chilli's & Uncle Julio's, there was an Olympic Pizza. They had great pizza. There was another one on NW Highway near Denton Drive, and another one in Plano on Central, north of Park Blvd. I miss them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas