Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 10:59 AM

35 posts, read 62,409 times

Advertisements

Its human nature to go in denial when heart really really wants something. Imho its better to pick a tiny old condo over a shiny new mansion if there is even a 0.00001 chance of health hazard for my family. I'm not buying a home to impress people with state of the art media room or latest style of kitchen counter tops but to comfortably shelter my family. Your mileage may vary.

Every one wants a nice house, practical location, friendly neighbors, good resale, good schools and basic shopping/health places nearby but every one prioritize things differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 01:49 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,716 times
I remember the time when people were flocking to buy near Exide Battery Plant and Sewage Treatment plant denying all naysayers. Toll just sold so many homes here with high tension power lines in backyard. Builders can always count on suckers.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:47 PM

533 posts, read 642,960 times
Sorry for digging out an old thread. mom2gurls, deepika,dad3kids, did you all buy your houses and where? I am just starting to look around and get confused from what I hear from people and what I see on realtor.com. My budget is low ~350K but I am not looking for new house. A ~2700 sq ft home with a modest yard (no more than 0.25 acre) in a good school district and preferably a master planned community. From talking to people and reading some of the posts here, I get the sense that I am going to be priced out of the hot markets i.e Plano, Frisco, Allen. But when I put my criteria on realtor.com, I see many homes that I like, albeit only on my computer screen. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2014, 11:33 PM

10 posts, read 17,795 times
Smile Richwood Heights

After reading all the posts from all the forums Just signed-up for Richwood Heights (John R Landon Executive Series)..With the completion time frame of April/May 2015. So far, the Sales and Customer Service is great. I will update during the construction process and after closing.

Cheers!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:58 PM

6 posts, read 9,186 times
Hi
I read abt your construction work at Ridgewood. Pls
Let me know how long would it take to complete.
Thanks

Old 12-07-2014, 05:21 PM

It takes normally 4 to 5 months for any builder in Texas. Sometimes delays might happen due to weather also.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:43 AM

how many appointments do we need to sign up for design center ? we are moving from chicago , we need more information abt their design center process. could you plz explain me in detail how the process gets started .

Old 12-08-2014, 12:20 PM

The design center is open to public on Wednesday's and Thursday's. You should use those days to be prepared before the actual appointment. The total appointment time is 5 hrs. You can either do the full 5 hrs on one day or split it to 2 different day's. Most home buyers will split.

The timings are available here...

Design Center Tour | Landon Homes | Texas Builder

Old 12-08-2014, 01:44 PM

thanks . we are in chicago right now . depending upon the appointment we will be booking our flight tickets .

Old 12-08-2014, 04:37 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
Keep in mind that when you go by yourself to the design center, you won't be able to get any pricing or questions answered. Depending on which builder you go with, some of them will give you 2 appointments with 2 or 3 hours each time and you have a decorator help you. This is only done after you have signed a contract.

Also, depending on which builder, some homes will take up to 10 months to complete. Don't trust any builder that tells you they will get it done in 4 months, I don't know of one that actually finishes a home "properly" in that time frame.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas