Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:49 PM

31 posts, read 67,599 times

Advertisements

I will be going to the TX State Fair for the first time, and I have some
questions:

1. Is there a DART train that goes from Love Field to the fair? If not, is
taxi probably the fastest way to get from Love to the fair?

2. Is it easy to get a taxi from the fair back to Love Field? Are there
taxis waiting at the fair, or will I need to call a local taxi company to
come pick me up? If there are taxis waiting at the fair, where are they
located (next to fair entrance, etc.)?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 06:56 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,147 times
You can check Dart.Org and verify the different lines that go into downtown dallas. It may
require you to transfer off the rail and onto a bus which will then stop in from of the Fair.

There is Taxi service at Love Field, but not certain if they will have it at Fair park.
That is something you may want to carry the taxi service phone number just in case
you would like to call for a cab service.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:36 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
You can view the overall DART Rail map . You'll be interested in the GREEN LINE. From Love Field itself, there will be a bus to the Inwood/Love Field Station. Be sure to take the GREEN LINE, not the ORANGE LINE. On the map, you can click on the NAME of the Rail station for a link to that station's description page. Follow the Green Line until you find Inwood/Love Field and/or Fair Park Station.

Quote:
DART.org - Dallas Love Field Information

Bus Route 39 operates between Dallas Love Field and Inwood/Love Field Station, providing a link between DART Rail Green Line and Orange Line and Love Field Terminal. Frequency of service between the Inwood/Love Field Station and Love Field Airport is every 20 minutes seven days a week.
You will stay on the GREEN LINE through downtown and will then head south, stopping at Fair Park Station, your destination.
Quote:
DART.org - Fair Park Station

Just two miles east of downtown Dallas, 277 acre Fair Park is the largest historical landmark in Texas. Since 1886, Fair Park has been the site of the State Fair of Texas.
Following is a link to the Green Line schedule. These pages will give you the departure and arrival times at your stations of choice.
Quote:
DART.org - DART Rail Green Line
Green Line to Buckner Station Schedules
Buckner is the south end of the Green Line. You will take the train headed to Buckner but will exit at Fair Park.
Green Line to North Carrollton/Frankford Station Schedules
Carrollton/Frankford Station is the north end of the Green Line. You will exit at Inwood/Love Field.
It appears the last train out of Fair Park is 12:36 a.m. and arrives at Love Field at 1:02 a.m. If there is taxi service available then I would expect it to be at the main entrance. The Fair link offers this... Call 214.565.9931 for even more information.

You can get an all day pass for $4, DART.org - Fare and Pass Information

Good luck, have a great time ! ! !

Last edited by Willsson; 09-20-2012 at 07:48 PM..

Old 09-21-2012, 04:09 PM

482 posts, read 874,819 times
Please note the fair is not in a good area of town. I would never suggest public transport there after dark and personally I wouldn't even use it in the day.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:17 PM

551 posts, read 1,098,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndJulie View Post
Please note the fair is not in a good area of town. I would never suggest public transport there after dark and personally I wouldn't even use it in the day.
This comment is ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing dangerous about taking the DART train to the fair. It drops you off right in front of the entrance and is perfectly safe. I'd say the DART is much safer than parking your car a half mile away in a shady area and then having to walk in the dark to get back to it. Have you ever even ridden the DART there? It's a bunch of families and people going to the fair. How dreadful!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:31 PM

350 posts, read 749,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharpe View Post
This comment is ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing dangerous about taking the DART train to the fair. It drops you off right in front of the entrance and is perfectly safe. I'd say the DART is much safer than parking your car a half mile away in a shady area and then having to walk in the dark to get back to it. Have you ever even ridden the DART there? It's a bunch of families and people going to the fair. How dreadful!
Yeah, my friends and I rode it down to fair last year. Perfectly safe. We took it to/from the MLK station, so we had to walk about two blocks to the fair, and never felt at all uncomfortable. It was just crowded on board. Speaking of which, the trains leaving the fair and going back north towards love field hit MLK station before the fair park station, so you beat the crowds a bit if you get on at MLK.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Good comments pharpe and PISDstudent.

To locate the MLK station, consult the Fair Park link in my post above. You'll find a map of the grounds. It will show both the Fair Park Station and the MLK Station.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,614,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharpe View Post
Agreed.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:03 AM

482 posts, read 874,819 times
I wasn't talking about just the DART. I was mainly talking about the BUS. To each his own, and that's why there are forums like this. Opinions.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:07 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,862,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndJulie View Post
I wasn't talking about just the DART. I was mainly talking about the BUS. To each his own, and that's why there are forums like this. Opinions.
It is my opinion that you are not very familiar with public transportation in Dallas. DART stands for Dallas Area Rapid Transit. That includes the bus as well as the light rail train service and the Trinity Railway Express commuter rail train.

The green line to and from the Fair runs full on weekends. I also know people that take the green line to events such as the Irish Festival at Fair Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas