Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM

6 posts, read 7,765 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at transferring to the Irving, Texas area with my current employer. And I need some assistance with locating a safe and affordable neighborhood as well as excellent schools. I have two kids; one in high school and one in elementary. I don't want a 30-40 minute commute into the office every morning. And would like to be centrally located where we can do family activities without making it a road-trip. I'm looking to rent for now (up to $1200/mo for a 3 bd/2bth). The city of Dallas is huge and I'm not sure about all of the surrounding cities. Any assistance is greatly appreciated......

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 04:57 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,864,734 times
What part of Irving? It's a fairly big city, and depending on where your office will be, you have lots of options. You are smart to want to keep your commute short!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Sounds like you want a house to lease which can be hard to find. You might consider an apartment in Valley Ranch (Irving) on the west side of MacArthur which will maybe put you in the Coppell ISD.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
What part of Irving? It's a fairly big city, and depending on where your office will be, you have lots of options. You are smart to want to keep your commute short!
ChristieP I'm not even sure what part it would be considered. It's on MacArthur Blvd near W John W Carpenter Fwy? I know it's not too far from Las Colinas.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:15 PM

Thanks Rakin! And yes I'm not seeing a lot of houses to lease in that area. Is the Coppell ISD a pretty good school district?

Old 09-20-2012, 12:26 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,289,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kls210 View Post
Thanks Rakin! And yes I'm not seeing a lot of houses to lease in that area. Is the Coppell ISD a pretty good school district?
Coppell is one of the top 3-4 districts in all of North Texas. Always near the top of the list with regards to SAT scores, % of class being National Merit Semi-Finalists, etc. It's also a smaller district than some of the other top districts like Plano and Lewisville (well, the Flower Mound part of ISD).

If you can find a rental you can afford that is zoned to Coppell ISD, take it!! Great schools and community, as well as easy commute.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
If you can find a rental you can afford that is zoned to Coppell ISD, take it!! Great schools and community, as well as easy commute.
As mentioned, I doubt you can lease a home for that price but maybe an apartment or condo. Just be sure to ask them which school district they are in. The other side is Carrollton and it actually is a good ISD also.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,683,373 times
If you really want a house and not an apartment, look in Euless, north Carrollton, or perhaps Flower Mound (ouch! traffic). Coppell will be out of your budget. Good place to look is zillow.com because you can filter for house vs. apartment.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:30 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,864,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kls210 View Post
ChristieP I'm not even sure what part it would be considered. It's on MacArthur Blvd near W John W Carpenter Fwy? I know it's not too far from Las Colinas.
Yes, that is the Las Colinas part of Irving. Yes, Coppell is not going to be in your price range.

Driving from Flower Mound to that part of Irving will be AWFUL. (I was just up there this morning and the southbound traffic was JAMMED SOLID!)

You might also consider Grapevine and Euless. Both of these are right by Irving, have apartments in your price range, and have very good schools. There will be more houses in your price range in Euless, and you might luck into one in Grapevine.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:36 PM

Thanks for all the helpful information. I really appreciate it! It seems like looking for a place to live is going to be a full time job for me and I only have a couple of months to get this taken care of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas