Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,038,951 times

Advertisements

Joyce I don't think you grew up IN Dallas or are hanging out IN Dallas, because I did and do and don't hear those remarks. I do hear sentiment against illegals but that comes from people of all colors (including some hispanics).

Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 PM

57 posts, read 142,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Joyce I don't think you grew up IN Dallas or are hanging out IN Dallas
Okay. *shrugs*

Old 10-09-2007, 02:40 PM

457 posts, read 428,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce Bains View Post

Nah. They save those lovely stereotypes for black people.
Only for those that DESERVE it. You know, the drug dealers selling crack to children, or screaming how they're entitled to something for nothing, or beating one of their multiple babies' multiple Mommas for not handing over their welfare checks to them.

This same logic/viewpoint of mine applies to Illegal immigrants (of any race/culture), ghetto crack dealers and white trash with cars up on bricks in trailer parks. All are equally guilty of bringing ruination to this country.

I wouldn't and don't think twice about anybody's immigration status or skin color unless it is obvious that they are "shady" or appear to be up to no good. As I've stated before, I believe the majority of illegals I have encountered personally are decent and otherwise "law abiding" citizens; I would be willing to make a "fair trade" and trade out certain elements of our society for the generally law abiding nature of the Illegals.

Sadly, it really ISN'T the fault of the illegals; It's ours for allowing it to continue. The positive thing about the illegal Hispanics of Mexican descent is they are VERY hard working; They really don't want handouts as much as they want to EARN a better life for their families. The same cannot be said for some segments of our society. Thank you for reminding us of that fact. :-)

Old 10-09-2007, 02:41 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,125,636 times
Quote:
There are people here who swear that their problem is with illegal immigrants, not Mexicans. (That won't explain away their disdain for African-Americans, Asians, or anybody who isn't white, but I digress.) These are the same people who will tell you that they have no problem with black people, but they hate n*ggers. People with mindsets like that can't tell the difference anyway. ANY black person who pisses them off becomes a n*gger and ANY Latino (Mexican or not!) that angers them becomes an illegal.
So...only white people can be against illegal immigration? Isn't it kind of racist to assume that any other race wouldn't have a problem with it?

Old 10-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Calling number SIX! Repeat, calling number SIX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
I wouldn't and don't think twice about anybody's immigration status or skin color unless it is obvious that they are "shady" or appear to be up to no good.
I just wanted to quote that for my own amusement.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:51 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,125,636 times
Quote:

I just wanted to quote that for my own amusement.
Stay on topic please.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:54 PM

After you, nativeDallasite. If you're about to start whining about racism against white people (BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!), that's about as off-topic as it gets. The discussion is about anti-Mexican sentiments in Dallas.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:57 PM

1,004 posts, read 3,744,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't think that's fair.
You trust the citizens to distinguish between legals and illegals? Good luck. Illegals don't wear their status on their sleeves and there are many Hispanic US citizens and legal residents who get drawn into this train of hate.

Just ask the Hispanic US citizens in Irving, who are subject to racial profiling since police got the power to turn suspect illegals over to immigration enforcement.

I am just flabbergasted at all this vitriol against illegal immigrants. I dunno but I personally just don't feel affected negatively by them. My taxes are wasted on much worse causes.

In general I find it very distasteful, not to say dangerous, to whip up hate between people.
Also, for once I'd like to meet an anti-illegal-immigrant person who walks the walk and refuses to accept the cheap services of illegal immigrants.

If you all were so concerned, why don't you lobby for laws that make it a felony punishable by minimum and mandatory prison terms complete with property seizures for anyone who hires illegal immigrants. Have every job applicant go through a status check by the immigration bureau so that employers are protected.
Make Tyson Foods, David Weekly, McDonalds, Centex pay by putting their execs behind bars for 80 years and put their companies up for auction for hiring illegal immigrants. Close loopholes for subcontractors. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Remove the incentive (=plentyful jobs). And be prepared to pay $1M+ for a 2000sf home in Frisco. And $10 for a McDonalds hamburger (no fries and soda, that would be another $10). Then your (not addressing Lakewooder, but the other firestarters here) gung-ho attitude would be a little bit more believable.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
Just ask the Hispanic US citizens in Irving
Why do that, when you have white people who'll gladly tell you how Hispanic people feel?

Quote:
I am just flabbergasted at all this vitriol against illegal immigrants. I dunno but I personally just don't feel affected negatively by them. My taxes are wasted on much worse causes.
Ain't that the truth. These are the same people who'll moan about $12 billion being spent in food stamps but won't say a word about the $150 billion spent for corporate welfare.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 PM

155 posts, read 660,437 times
I love it. If you dislike illegals, you are racist. Thats the only argument these illegal supporters have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas