Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:24 PM

457 posts, read 431,729 times

Advertisements

Since people keep ERRONEOUSLY stating that ILLEGALS are positively contributing to our economy, Let's look at some FACTS:

Care for illegal immigrants cost more than $22 million - [domain blocked due to spam]

DALLAS Dallas County officials say medical care provided to illegal immigrants at Parkland Memorial Hospital cost more than 22 million dollars this fiscal year.

The estimate released yesterday doesn't include emergency treatment. It marks the first time Parkland has quantified the amount Dallas County taxpayers have spent on the care of illegal immigrants.

Parkland has sent foreign governments bills for indigent citizens who received care at the hospital. A federal program distributes 250 million dollars a year among providers of emergency care for illegal immigrants. But the program doesn't include reimbursement for outpatient or clinic care provided by hospitals.

Hospital vice president Jim Perry says Parkland's emergency room treats about 50 illegal immigrants a day.

Parkland's president, Doctor Ron Anderson, says Parkland won't turn away sick or injured people who live in Dallas County, regardless of their legal status.

Mexico's Official "Guide For The Mexican Migrant":
Mexico's Official "Guide For The Mexican Migrant" - Dallas.Org: Dallas News and Information

Several other links about the issues we now face due to our lack of ILLEGAL immigration enforcement:

Illegal Immigrants' Cost to Government Studied (washingtonpost.com)

and a REALLY interesting table. It provides Real-time figures for the amount of money wired TO mexico. ($39 BILLION since january of 2006!)

Illegal Immigration Counters - Home Page

If you would like to discuss ILLEGAL immigration from a political/belief standpoint, that's one thing. But don't try and fleece people into believing that we aren't PAYING for it directly on a daily basis.

The current rhetoric that the ILLEGAL immigrants and their supporters would have you believe is that people like myself are "anti-immigrant" and/or "prejudiced" against all hispanics. That argument is just plain flawed. In reality, Americans of hispanic origin ought to be just as outraged as we are, especially if they were not born here and went through the proper channels to get here.

Our ancestors fought and died to preserve this nation. Our soldiers are STILL dying as we speak to defend this great nation. Granted, I disagree with Iraq, but, the fact remains that our brave men and women are paying with their own lives in defense of this country. Why should we be so willing to listen to, let alone concede to, the demands of a group of ILLEGAL's who wish to supercede our system of Laws?

Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,150,997 times
Pretty sobering stuff there.

Round 'em up, deport 'em now.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,598,287 times
My mother-in-law teaches ESL in another state - primarily with Chinese immigrants. Her students are outraged that they spent so much time, money and effort to become a citizen when some folks just come here illegally.

In general, everyone should be against *ANY* illegal act, be it drunk driving, murder, theft or being in the country illegally. An illegal alien doesn't mean they are a bad person. There are many hard working illegal aliens in this country, as can be seen in both the farming and construction industries - which employ more illegal aliens than any other industries. But the fact is illegal is illegal.

Do I think there is an issue with our immigration policy? Yes. But, that doesn't become a reason for knowingly allowing illegal activity. Immigration needs to be addressed, but so does border security.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM

And yet another ludicrous idea:

The Buffalo News: Home: Spitzer’s driver's license policy for illegal immigrants draws wide criticism (broken link)

The people of New York should impeach this man. Because of 9/11, I now have to show a birth certicficate, a state ID/Dl or a US Passport along with TWO forms of proof of address (utility bills, Lease, etc.) to transfer my TX DL to a new PA one next month.

Yet, ADMITTED ILLEGALS will be able to get licensed to drive??????

Old 10-09-2007, 01:59 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,428,001 times
Thank you PaPisces for the links.

Fabian Nunez (California Speaker) has been trying to push California Driver's Licenses for illegals for the last few years. It even went to a vote and was defeated by the voters by a large margin in California and they are still trying to push it.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:01 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,428,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
And yet another ludicrous idea:

The Buffalo News: Home: Spitzer’s driver's license policy for illegal immigrants draws wide criticism (broken link)

The people of New York should impeach this man. Because of 9/11, I now have to show a birth certicficate, a state ID/Dl or a US Passport along with TWO forms of proof of address (utility bills, Lease, etc.) to transfer my TX DL to a new PA one next month.

Yet, ADMITTED ILLEGALS will be able to get licensed to drive??????
And...soon to vote. Oh...but it doesn't affect anything.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:14 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,242,029 times
Thank you PA fir the truth, the cold hard truth. I am so sick and tired of all the politically correct apologists. It is in no way, shape, or form the responsibility of the USA to care for the indignant of Mexico or any other country.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:16 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times
I think a lot of citizens are getting upset that the attitude of some of the illegals is that they don't have to follow any laws -- that to enforce them on the illegals is racist.

When any one group feels they are above the law, it is going to anger everyone else who tries to follow them.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I think a lot of citizens are getting upset that the attitude of some of the illegals is that they don't have to follow any laws -- that to enforce them on the illegals is racist.

When any one group feels they are above the law, it is going to anger everyone else who tries to follow them.
Very eloquently put Lakewooder. Thank you!

Old 10-09-2007, 02:47 PM

80 posts, read 417,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guingirl View Post
Thank you PaPisces for the links.

Fabian Nunez (California Speaker) has been trying to push California Driver's Licenses for illegals for the last few years. It even went to a vote and was defeated by the voters by a large margin in California and they are still trying to push it.
They also get in-state tuition in community colleges. When I moved back from Japan, I got slapped with FOREIGN STUDENT TUITION as well as all kinds of extra fees! I'm an American, born in California. My father owned a house here. My mom owned a house here. We always had a house here even though I lived with my mom and stepdad in Japan and went to school there.

Just because my diploma was from a foreign school caused me to get hit with fees. The only other option was to put off my schooling for an additional year.

If I was an illegal immigrant, i would have paid in-state fees. heh.

Yeah, sometimes it's a little unfair...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: