U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 01:17 PM

186 posts, read 418,958 times

Advertisements

Any one here has any information about Red Wolf Estates in Plano? I'm familiar with West Plano in general but can't find much about this neighborhood. I'm interested in an empty lot there, which is a hot commodity to find in that zip code.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 06:30 PM

7,843 posts, read 10,269,991 times
I have driven in their and noticed homes and yard sizes there but not an expert on it in the least. What are the characteristics of a lot you seek? The developer of my neighborhood still owns a nice lot not listed for sale but if I could talk the wife into a move again would ask him about it.

75093 zip west of Preston but East of NDT

Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 AM

There is a 1/2 acre lot available there but I found out that Ventura owns it. They are awesome but expensive to build with. Existing homes are between 1-2 million. I did notice that homes stay on market for long though they are newer, bigger,ideally located and feeding to PISD.I'm wondering if its just the slow economy or next door neighbors(Austin Ranch) has something to do with it? Point West is across the road and they didn't have any problem in selling their homes so not sure what's the reason.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:44 AM

39,421 posts, read 44,717,896 times
I'm not familiar with RWE but looking at the MLS there are just been a few sales there. It must be a fairly small high end subdivision of $1m+ homes. There is 1 home for sale there now at $1.25M and it is a foreclosure.

The foreclosure is listed as being in Lewisville schools so if you're looking for a lot you might verify it is Plano ISD.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm not familiar with RWE but looking at the MLS there are just been a few sales there. It must be a fairly small high end subdivision of $1m+ homes. There is 1 home for sale there now at $1.25M and it is a foreclosure.

The foreclosure is listed as being in Lewisville schools so if you're looking for a lot you might verify it is Plano ISD.
Zillow indicated homes in this development are in Denton Cty. I am not one who trusts Zillow but it matches what you found for the one home on mls, which is at the western end of this street near a vacant lot. I looked at a home on the eastern end of this street and it indicated Denton cty as well....so I suspect that is the case for all homes in it and might explain the slow sales place even at that price....

Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM

This lot is in PISD and so was another house that recently went off market. There are some homes including that 1.25 mil foreclosure with Lewsville ISD too so it's possible that people get the impression that its all LISD. These may be the only few less than 5 year old million plus properties in PISD other than Kings Lake? & Normandy Estates.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:49 PM

6,126 posts, read 7,107,983 times
Red Wolf is actually rather strange for a number of reasons. It is a relatively small area with a limited number of houses, and it's actually very secluded and has no high-profile entrance unlike most exclusive neighborhoods. There is one house currently for sale (as noted above) that is a foreclosure, but that's not really all that unusual in these times. The largest property owner that lives off Red Wolf Lane is Moderator cut: no names please who are in their 70s now. If you wanted to be secluded yet nearby all that West Plano has to offer, Red Wolf may be to your liking, but it's not for everyone. There's one thing that I would really think very hard about since you have children. I do not think most children would like living in such a secluded small neighborhood with so few children.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-26-2012 at 03:20 AM..

Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the information HighCotton. It is kind of secluded yet so close to Midway & Windheaven Pkwy.I don't perticularly care for high profile entrance but that sure is missing. I don't see smaller neighborhood as a con as according to my experience, people really know each other and help out. Nowadays, children hardly play with children on their street let alone rest of the neighborhoods so even if I had smaller children, probably this wouldn't be a problem. Being a dead end court , not many outsiders would come either so that's good. I'm sure these things can bother some but not all. BTW who is this guy? His estate is huge, looks like at least 4-5 acre.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-26-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 10-26-2012, 09:36 AM

6,126 posts, read 7,107,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafelosophy View Post
Thanks for the information HighCotton. It is kind of secluded yet so close to Midway & Windheaven Pkwy.I don't perticularly care for high profile entrance but that sure is missing. I don't see smaller neighborhood as a con as according to my experience, people really know each other and help out. Nowadays, children hardly play with children on their street let alone rest of the neighborhoods so even if I had smaller children, probably this wouldn't be a problem. Being a dead end court , not many outsiders would come either so that's good. I'm sure these things can bother some but not all. BTW who is this guy? His estate is huge, looks like at least 4-5 acre.
The owner was originally a general dentist and founded (with the help of a friend) Careington, a nationwide discount insurance plan that started out offering discount dental plans, and later included other discount medical and health insurance plans.

The property (click on 'bird's eye' view) is valued at ~$5 million and covers almost 8 acres, and the primary dwelling is over 14,000 sq/ft.

Good luck in your hunt...

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-26-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 PM

I drove down the street of Red Wolf Estates, the first home on the NE end of the street has a sign indicating their child goes to Plano schools. So you are correct at least for the Eastern end of the street/neighbor. The once vacant lot, the only one left has a home well underway on it by Ventura. I am speaking about the one street with new homes... not some of the occupied land to the south of this street.

I still say ask my developer if he wants to sell his great lot in my neighborhood. It backs up to a man made lae/creek and is pie shaped and at least 1/2 acre if not larger.... most homes in this neighborhood are 13 years at the oldest and all zoned to West Plano Sr HS. Its just west of Preston and south or Parker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: