Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 05:55 PM

29 posts, read 139,592 times

Advertisements

I am about ready to eat the $200 cancel fee, because the dropped calls and no service is really awful. I live in Lakewood. Anyone have an opinion on verizon vs att or sprint? Would love feedback from anyone who lives in Lakewood or SMU area.
Thanks so much!
P.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 05:40 AM

574 posts, read 1,478,070 times
We moved to Texas having T-Mobile. T-mobille really does suck here in Dallas, but it worked great where we used to live. The last straw was when I started getting my voice mail messages days after they were left; text messages hours after they were sent. And the dropped calls where a constant problem too.

Last summer I changed to Sprint because I was switching to an iphone and so was my daughter...and eventually my son would too. Wanted the ease of truly unlimited data and unlimited minutes. So far it has worked great. There are pockets of areas when I am driving where it seems like I start to lose the call (sounds like the words are breaking up) but the call rarely drops. When it happens I just ask my caller to hold on and it resolves itself as I continue to drive. I live in UP where it is heavily treed, and coverage is excellent. My trouble area seems to be around Lovers/Skillman and Lovers/Abrams. But like I said it usually resolves itself in less than a minute.

My husband's t-mobile contract just expired and he went with Verizon. He travels for work extensively and wanted the reliability of the verizon coverage nation wide. He is paying a little more but to him it's worth it since his calls are mostly work related (whereas I am mostly talking to friends).

Most people rave about Verizon here in Dallas. If you are trying to stick to a budget (which is what we loved about t-mobile) I would go with Sprint.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:49 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,646 times
Hang on a while because T-Mobile is acquiring MetroPCS, which is based in Dallas.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
I have Verizon and have used it all over the area with no problems.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:53 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
I have Sprint and it's OK, not great; I've noticed a lot of ATT and Verizon subscribers can use their phones in elevators whereas I can't. Sprint's 4G service is a joke, though it's OK for calls; it doesn't usually drop them.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:58 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,995,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I have Sprint and it's OK, not great; I've noticed a lot of ATT and Verizon subscribers can use their phones in elevators whereas I can't. Sprint's 4G service is a joke, though it's OK for calls; it doesn't usually drop them.
They shouldn't be talking in elevators, should they? What happened to good phone manners in this country?

Old 12-25-2012, 01:23 PM

390 posts, read 715,025 times
T-Mobile's signal in the White Rock area is definitely sub-par, especially south of the lake down through Hollywood Heights. AT&T's signal in that area is certainly better.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:24 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,169 times
I have both Verizon and ATT. ATT is much better. Given the choice, I'd throw the verizon thing in the trash.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:43 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
They shouldn't be talking in elevators, should they? What happened to good phone manners in this country?
Huh? I don't really care if people talk on their phones in the elevator; it's certainly not the rudest behavior I see on a daily basis.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:50 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times
I have At&t and no problems at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: