Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you live North of Hwy 380 near McKinney?
Yes 11 15.28%
No 61 84.72%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:00 AM

22 posts, read 54,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgolf75 View Post
Disclaimer that I live and work in Allen/mckinney area, but I would move north of 380 if I couldn't find anything closer. My hesitation is that I like quick access to SRT, and all the construction on 75 can make that trip from 380 to SRT miserable. Obviously, that will clear up in a few years...hopefully.

The hot spots around here are still Allen (star creek), fairview, lovejoy, and parts of mckinney. Land has ready been snatched up all the way to Anna, so developers and investors foresee the growth, but timeline is unclear.

I love Allen, but we are currently renting and looking to move. We considered a few subdivisions right off of 380, but the ones we liked were closer to prosper.
Thanks everyone for the informative responses!

From Txgolf75 or anyone knowledgeable, where in McKinney appears to be a subdivision(s) in the range up to $230K near SRT? McKinney North of SRT appears less expensive than South of SRT. I'm thinking McKinney in Allen or Frisco ISD with highly rated schools. Age range of homes 0 – 5 yrs old.

(After hearing about the traffic from 380 to SRT on 75, that had me thinking.) Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 03:27 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,857,194 times
I would recommend Stonebridge Ranch in McKinney. The nicest all around development in these parts. Mostly built out but still some new builds. You can find a nice resale in an established neighborhood in that budget. Neighborhoods that feed into Boyd HS are preferred, but North and McKinney High are still good as well.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 PM

Ok!

Old 01-26-2013, 03:39 PM

Default Hwy 380 near Prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica7 View Post
Thanks everyone for the informative responses!

From Txgolf75 or anyone knowledgeable, where in McKinney appears to be a subdivision(s) in the range up to $230K near SRT? McKinney North of SRT appears less expensive than South of SRT. I'm thinking McKinney in Allen or Frisco ISD with highly rated schools. Age range of homes 0 – 5 yrs old.

(After hearing about the traffic from 380 to SRT on 75, that had me thinking.) Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok I'm getting realistic. It looks like the most a buyer can find around 75 & 121 is a Townhome on a budget of $230K or under for a new to newer home.

Txgolf: What new subdivisions are you aware of on this budget / did you like where it looks like equity can grow around 380 near Prosper? Anyone can answer! Thanks!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:35 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica7 View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok I'm getting realistic. It looks like the most a buyer can find around 75 & 121 is a Townhome on a budget of $230K or under for a new to newer home.

Txgolf: What new subdivisions are you aware of on this budget / did you like where it looks like equity can grow around 380 near Prosper? Anyone can answer! Thanks!

Stonebridge Ranch in Mc Kinney near the Adriatica area if you would be interested in a 5-10 year old home.
Stonebridge Ranch off 380 is one of the nicest subdivisions I have seen in Texas.It is possible to spend slightly under $230,000 on pre existing homes.The amenities are fantastic for what you pay.

Anything in Prosper will be over $230,000.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM

33 posts, read 83,148 times
Unfortunately that price point will limit severely your new construction options in Mckinney. Not sure what you are looking for in your home, but if it needs to be new, maybe cypress crossing in fairview? I know David weekly was building out there. They are in closing phases and you might can find a deal.

I agree that Stonebridge is a good place to look for 5-10 year old construction. Everyone knows about Stonebridge and its got wide range of home prices that attract everyone.

Another option if you're not afraid of 75 is going out to Anna. The trip from Anna to mckinney is about 10-12 minutes and not that congested. If all you need is in Mckinney, going out there is best bang for buck in new construction. For me, I'd rather look at Stonebridge.

If you can stretch your budget out to 250-260, you open up some more 5-10 year old options in mckinney, but it won't be in a subdivision as well thought out as Stonebridge.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM

Here's one in that price range, McKinney city limits, Propser ISD, on Lake Forest just a half mile or so north of the new Baylor Hospital.

Welcome to heatherwoodmckinney.com

Old 01-26-2013, 09:45 PM

33 posts, read 83,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Here's one in that price range, McKinney city limits, Propser ISD, on Lake Forest just a half mile or so north of the new Baylor Hospital.

Not having seen this neighborhood, I can tell you American Legend is who I would choose of these builders. This is just north of 380, and if you need to go south for work, you are about halfway between 75 (free and often slow) and DNT (tolled and mostly ok).

Old 01-26-2013, 10:10 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post

Great suggestion...also check out Robinson Ridge.Great subdivision near Heatherwood and the new Baylor Medical area,also in Prosper ISD

Megatel Homes - Robinson Ridge | McKinney, TX 75071

Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 PM

Here's another one, Robinson Ridge. Can't find a sales site like Heatherwood, but here is the HOA site. It is adjacent to Heatherwood, just to the west. A notch above Heatherwood, IMO.

Robinson Ridge HOA Homepage

A link to one of the builders, not sure if this is the only one, but base prices are below your budget.

Megatel Homes - Robinson Ridge | McKinney, TX 75071

There are a couple of other new subdivisions between these two and the Baylor Hospital. Would place both of them a notch below Heatherwood. Can't think of the names of either of them right now.

All of these are Prosper ISD. Everything west of Lake Forest and north of 380 in McKinney is zoned for Propser ISD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas