Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 07:52 AM

51 posts, read 81,080 times

Advertisements

There are some really great properties on Spring Creek between the Tollway and Preston Road. Its a very nice quiet area just north of the very high end Willow Bend area. Lots of good apartments at 4 different properties with the tollway being a mile away. Shopping and dining are not in walking distance, but with the Plano dining 3-4 miles south, and Frisco dining 3-4 miles north, you'll never have to drive far. Shopping is great if that is of interest. We joke that if you can't find it in Frisco or Plano, you'll have to have it shipped from overseas. Me and my wife are moving out soon due to it being VERY crowded and the rapid growth and we are looking for quiet, small to medium size city in the eastern hills of Tennessee and Kentucky. But for a big city suburb, Plano is very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2006, 08:00 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,431,568 times
xtrafast,

What's the Zip over in that area ? Is the subdivision 'Wolf Creek' over there ?

I like that area, but for buying a home it is too confusing because some of it is Frisco schools, other areas Plano, etc.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:32 AM

51 posts, read 81,080 times
75024 here. Not sure of the different subdivision names other than the large Willow Bend area. Willow Bend is 75093 (although Willow Bend doesn't take up all of 75093) which I believe covers just west of Coit Road to a few blocks west of the tollway. There are plenty of neighborhoods west of the tollway that are very nice and much more residential. Once you go north of Parker on the west side of the tollway, there is nothing but parks and subdivisions and they have a very large nature preserve that has miles of walking/hiking/biking trails. IMO, its the nicest park in the DFW area. So nice that I chose the area overlooking the woods to propose to my wife as a surprise on her lunch break one day. We go there for walks and she still says that she could not think of a better place that I could have proposed to her.

Anyway, since we don't have children I'm not so sure of the school districting other than there are some very good schools in the western half of Plano. The eastern half (east of Independence Road) I'm not too sure about. I think you'll find the Frisco students who live in Plano live on the far north part of Plano between Hwy 121 and Legacy road, and east of Preston/west of Custer. I could be slightly off on that though.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:29 PM

483 posts, read 886,156 times
Socketz, I drove by La Ventura apartments and totally loved them! Apparently you have the same taste in things as I do. I decided to drive from there to right where my workplace is going to be. I hopped on the tollway and flew 75-80 mph (Sunday afternoon, no traffic), and it took between 25-30 min...ouch. I can only imagine a 1 hour plus commute each way during rush hour? West Plano is favorite area #1....cons are the extra $ in monthly tolls and slightly further out...pros are that it's a nice, new area and seems safe.

Favorite area #2 is the northern part of Irving in the Valley Ranch/Las Colinas area. I liked Colonial Grand at Valley Ranch. They have a 1 bedroom with attached garage for $825/mo. All along MacArthur north of 183 up to Coppell seems to be a nice, safe, newer area. The pros are that it's only 16 miles vs. the other which is 20 and no extra $ for tolls, right next to the freeway also...cons are that I've heard Irving is going downhill and I am wondering if safety is a concern there. I know the commute will be worse on 114 and 35E headed south.

At least I have the areas narrowed down to 2 places. What do you guys that live here think? I am leaving early tomorrow to go back home, so I will be getting a taste of the morning rush hour.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:30 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,431,568 times
Xtrafest,

I think that's the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve your referring to.....Coyote Creek park is also out that way. That area feeds into Barksdale Elementary, so I'm very interested. At this point, your the third person in a week that has referred me to that area....I wish that I'd looked at it when I was out last, but my Realtor was focused on Stonebridge and Frisco, saying that Plano had seen its day anf that there will not be much more appreciation there...I'm starting to think that he may be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas