Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:03 PM

44 posts, read 195,799 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the names of cable internet and cable tv providers in Richardson. Let me know your recommendations.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 02:13 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
You could have Time Warner Cable, Dish Network, and DirecTV that I know of.

I would NEVER recommend Dish Network. I had very bad service in my old apartment.

I am loving DirecTV! It's the best TV service I've ever had. My aunt has Time Warner Cable, and she is happy with it. But she does seem to have less channels than I do, plus you can't order some sports' out-of-market packages unless you have DirecTV. I have to have my Padres and Chargers!

Old 06-29-2007, 02:32 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times
Go with DirecTV. I've had it for five years and I am very happy. I have heard nothing but bad things about Time Warner. You may also be able to get Verizon Fios depending on what part of Richardson you are in. FiOs offers internet, phone, and TV as one package.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:24 PM

44 posts, read 195,799 times
Thanks I will have to look into all of these.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:54 PM

11 posts, read 40,258 times
Default Time Warner vs Verizon

I've heard nothing but bad things about Time Warner. Verizon FiOS lead time was 10 days so I tried to get TWC in the meantime. Even though they already had service at the home I bought, TWC was out 15 days for installation. Verizon was much cheaper, put in the cable the next day and moved up installation for us. TWC made it clear they were doing me a big favor just by giving us service on their schedule.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:13 PM

583 posts, read 2,633,241 times
Let me just say my experience with Time Warner is horrible. We picked them prior to our move. (We just moved in this week) We got a bundle deal (phone, tv, internet) and we were JUST told we would not have phone service to after July 5. They lost our phone order. They did credit us 1 month of service. Our internet does work. Cable is on but is not working properly. We are missing a ton of channels and the channels are reading incorrect.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:22 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,144,713 times
I've been with Dish for TV service for years and never had a problem with the service. Yes I've lost a signal when a thunderstorm rolled over, but I've never had the kind of problems like when I've used cable. Right now we're using Verizon's FiOS service for phone and internet, I'm hoping to switch over to AT&T soon.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:31 AM

24 posts, read 135,077 times
Time Warner cable if you don't want to have no signal during storms.

Directv is great for satelite TV, but you have to make sure no trees are in the way and will have no signal most of the time during big storms.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:02 AM

258 posts, read 1,175,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyogi View Post
Let me just say my experience with Time Warner is horrible. We picked them prior to our move. (We just moved in this week) We got a bundle deal (phone, tv, internet) and we were JUST told we would not have phone service to after July 5. They lost our phone order. They did credit us 1 month of service. Our internet does work. Cable is on but is not working properly. We are missing a ton of channels and the channels are reading incorrect.
How long ago did you order the bundle deal? I have to use TWC in my new apartment complex.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 AM

583 posts, read 2,633,241 times
We ordered the bundle at the beginning of June. They were supposed to come out 2 days after we closed on our home (end of June) and connect everything. As of today the cable is now properly installed (2 service calls), internet is working and fast but STILL no phone service. Hard to believe huh? We are supposed to have phone service on Wed. The customer service is impossible at Time Warner. My husband repeately would be placed on hold for well over 1 hour. We finally managed to get in touch with a Manager who is suppose to personally oversee everything. We will see how it goes. Honestly I don't want to start from over on this process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas