Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:07 PM

24 posts, read 81,476 times

Advertisements

Both Avignon Windhaven in Plano and Richwoods in Frisco are upcoming new construction neighborhoods in North Texas with great amenities. Can anyone share their experiences considering these two options? Each of them has their own benefits to offer and it will be helpful to get an different prospective from everyone..

Thanks !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 PM

323 posts, read 630,629 times
I've not been to Richwoods but do live near Avignon and have visited people there. They have nice homes, especially ones built by true custom builders, Toll & KH are not bad either. Personally, I do not like proximity to water tower & power lines but didnt see it bothering buyers. There community center is awesome.

Residents can walk to three excellent public schools, a preschool, a recreation center, park, football field, base ball field, soccer field, cinemark theater, new west side village, shops, dinning, grocery, ice cream, clinic, etc. DNT and Willowbend mall are a stone throw away. Not far from GBTP, 121 and Arbor Hills. This place has a lot to offer. If you are not dead set on new built than you can get an existing house on a bigger lot in nearby subdivisions for a better price. That area has prestige and life is easy as everything is at your footstep. Children are going to be very independent running around meeting friends.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,891,124 times
could you give us some insight on nearby subs on the bigger lots please?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 PM

36 posts, read 71,393 times
I think Avignon is a silly looking place. I don't know anyone who doesn't tease about that gigantic water tower. I've never seen anyone walk to the theater, either. Not ever. Maybe that will change. I've lived close by for nine years. The new development could change it, I giess.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 PM

227 posts, read 526,762 times
That water tower is an eye sore for sure but residents don't really care. It's a great location and homes are very nice. You see students and parents from all three schools walking/biking to and from their homes. New West Village will add increase walk score significantly. Schools are excellent. I do agree that buyers should checkout nearby existing homes and also there are few custom homes available on West of Midway in Barksdale neighborhoods.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:39 PM

24 posts, read 81,476 times
Thank you everyone for your inputs. Does the noise from tollway bother in the Avignon backyards?
The backyards are pretty small .. we visited on of the model homes and we could actually hear the conversation from neighboors backyard. Any observations or thoughts on this??

Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM

323 posts, read 630,629 times
Lot sizes and water tower are the things keeping Avignon prices in control. They be charging million and up like Normandy Eatates if they had bigger lots. You can find bigger lots in existing subdivisions.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:30 PM

227 posts, read 526,762 times
I went to meet a client in Willowbend Lakes and it is a lovely and peaceful neighborhood with big lots. Not brand new but certainly high on homes with character. If I were you, I'll check MLS to see if there is anything up for sale there.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 PM

11 posts, read 26,758 times
Default Not true

I live in Avignon. Toll brother's Phase III lot sizes are not small, they are minimum of 9500 sqft. You can find a custom home built by laguna/sterling etc.. or you can find luxury homes built by KHOV and toll brothers. I heard Toll is opening the lots where the backyard will face the woods. There are about 10-15 so lots..and i bet they will be sold in no time.

We can walk to cinemark. I have seen 5 movies all by walking and know many that do frequently. West village like other mention will be a huge bonus to the walk score. What was surprising to me ..the people that are moving in are all people that lived in frisco/mckinney/allen/east or central plano/ north dallas etc..ofcourse you have out of state tranplants. These are people that lived in big homes for years but complained of lack of upscale shopping/dining around where they lived. There are lot of busy professionals that dont want a big yard. You can see the large tank from anywhere in the 5 mile radius and simply does not bother anyone that lives here.

This will be a sold out community soon. I also suspect the people that are posting the messages above are realtors with a MLS listing around trying hard to move/ prepare for a busy spring-summer selling season and i bet Avignon will be a strong competition to them. If you are in the market for a new house go to the builder on your own, let the realtors sell old ( bigger lot ) homes if any available in west plano.

Btw there are three families that moved from willow bend to avignon, simply because they wanted something nicer and new.

There is no freeway noise or neighbor noise.

I know a friend that is building in richwoods,frisco who looked at avignon before building in richwoods. He likes avignon but he does not have that kind of budget.

Avignon is not for someone who is considering or comparing ...it is for someone who wants it and has that kind of budget.

good luck

Last edited by research_kid; 02-27-2013 at 08:54 PM..

Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM

115 posts, read 193,160 times
I looked at Avignon and loved their houses and location but prices are a bit high for tower n power combo so it didn't work out and I bought a resale in same area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: