Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM

551 posts, read 1,098,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
St. Patty would be St. Patricia, not sure when her feast-day is; St. Paddy is St. Patrick, his feast-day is March 17, just saying...
Well every major publication in Dallas refers to it as St Patty's and it's on March 16 this year. Just saying...

Best Dallas Pubs, Crawls & Events On St. Patty’s Day « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Greenville Avenue St Patricks Day Parade Dallas - Dallas Parades - Largest St Patricks Day Parade in South
Quote:
When: 11 a.m.

Why: Because everybody's a wee bit Irish on St. Patty's Day!

Paint Dallas green this weekend at these St. Patrick's Day events | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News
Quote:
The annual Dash Down Greenville 5K kicks off Dallas' St. Patty's Day celebration on March 17, 2012.
Our Handy Guide to Surviving St. Patty's Day on Greenville, with Frequently Asked Questions - Dallas - News - Unfair Park

A St. Patty's Day Parade Pop-Up Food Park Prevents Death This Weekend - Dallas - Restaurants and Dining - City of Ate

https://www.facebook.com/SaintPattysDay.DallasTX

Run, Watch, Get Sloshed. St. Patty's! - Page 1 - Calendar - Dallas - Dallas Observer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 02:07 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharpe View Post
Well every major publication in Dallas refers to it as St Patty's and it's on March 16 this year. Just saying...

Best Dallas Pubs, Crawls & Events On St. Patty’s Day « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Greenville Avenue St Patricks Day Parade Dallas - Dallas Parades - Largest St Patricks Day Parade in South

Paint Dallas green this weekend at these St. Patrick's Day events | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Our Handy Guide to Surviving St. Patty's Day on Greenville, with Frequently Asked Questions - Dallas - News - Unfair Park

A St. Patty's Day Parade Pop-Up Food Park Prevents Death This Weekend - Dallas - Restaurants and Dining - City of Ate

https://www.facebook.com/SaintPattysDay.DallasTX

Run, Watch, Get Sloshed. St. Patty's! - Page 1 - Calendar - Dallas - Dallas Observer
Well every major publication in Dallas is wrong; an Irishman named Patrick is a Paddy. Just goes to show Dallas is jumping on the cashing in on St Patrick's Day bandwagon and doesn't even know how to refer to the day's nickname correctly. Having only had 32 previous parades is not a tradition.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,908 times
st patrcks day , cinco de mayo, valentines day, etc are all just excuses to get people to spend money. No one really cares what the true meaning is.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:47 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Well every major publication in Dallas is wrong; an Irishman named Patrick is a Paddy. Just goes to show Dallas is jumping on the cashing in on St Patrick's Day bandwagon and doesn't even know how to refer to the day's nickname correctly. Having only had 32 previous parades is not a tradition.
32 years sure seems like a tradition to me!!!!...Hell Big D NYE is only what 5 years old?!? and it too seems like a rooted tradition already......

Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 AM

551 posts, read 1,098,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
st patrcks day , cinco de mayo, valentines day, etc are all just excuses to get people to spend money. No one really cares what the true meaning is.
That's the problem with Dallas. Everything is corporate driven. In New Orleans they are excuses to have a party.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:40 PM

477 posts, read 1,051,645 times
Debating on whether i'll check out this parade or whether i'll just fly down to Nola for either the Magazine St. Parade or Metairie Rd parade. I don't want to be disappointed by the Dallas parade, so I will probably make that a non issue. I'm sure Dallas will do Cinco de Mayo right

Old 02-25-2013, 04:03 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Well, I'd hate to put up a Dallas parade with what I've seen at Mardi Gras in NOLA, but this is huge and very mainstream. You will see a lot of people who will also be at Cinco de Mayo or Kwanzaa Fest. Everybody is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:25 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Everybody is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!
Exactly. And I agree that it should be either St. Patrick's Day or St. Paddy's Day. Just because mass media spell it one way doesn't make that correct!

Old 03-13-2014, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,153 times
Does anyone know if coolers are allowed at the Energy Square concert area? I am going to Ludacris concert and want to bring cooler to parade and concert... Please help :-)

Old 03-13-2014, 12:52 PM

332 posts, read 1,386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ75 View Post
Does anyone know if coolers are allowed at the Energy Square concert area? I am going to Ludacris concert and want to bring cooler to parade and concert... Please help :-)
Parade, no problem. You won't be able to take a cooler into the concert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas