Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times

Advertisements

I just saw on Ch 4, that there is a "Campaign Against Baggy Pants", here in town.
Complete with billboards and all.
Now honestly, do they really think that will help eliminate that annoying fashion faux pau? I seriously doubt it. If they arent smart enough to buy pants that FIT, or wear a BELT, then they can't be smart enough to read a billboard.
What do ya'll think? Or am I just old fashion and like my clothes to fit properly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 07:02 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,596,369 times
I think it looks stupid, but I feel it's wrong for the city to wage a campaign and waste tax payers money on such programs. The council member running the campaign should get pimp-slapped.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,755,171 times
LOL! The Fashion Police is out in full force! Quick, tighten the belts! But don't change into leggins, this will offend those delicate eyes even more!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:24 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
This has been brought up by someone in the city every so often since it became a fad amoung some. Paul Quinn College banned the baggy pants. My oldest child goes to a school that does not have standardized dress (uniforms) but if a student shows up w/ pants like that the principal has some extra belts for them to use and will even duck tape the legs so they are not so baggy. I always make some goofball comment if my kids are w/ me about the goofs that wear this stuff. Something along the lines of, "gee, guess they did not make it to the bathroom in time". About a year ago one of the posters on C-D made a comment and told what he did when he was behind a group of kids wearing pants like that in a store and it is HYSTERICAL!!! If more people did this to them they might stop wearing them. Anyway, this guys pants were of course so baggy they were dragging the ground. As they scooted up in line he managed on purpose to make sure he got a foot on part of them and stood there. When the guy and his buds were done paying he turned to leave but his pants were caught and he practically stepped right out of them and fell face first on the floor. LOL!!!! So there is this "cool dude" laying face first on the floor with his so baggy pants down around his ankles. LMAO!!!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:26 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
LOL! The Fashion Police is out in full force! Quick, tighten the belts! But don't change into leggins, this will offend those delicate eyes even more!
LOL!!! And those dadgum skinny jeans. YUCK!!! From one extreme to the other.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:35 AM

I used to work at this club years ago...(late 80s), and we had "FASHION CITATIONS", that we would pass out to really really badly dressed patrons, (they loved it, some would dress badly on purpose just to get one). Anyway I wanna strt passing them out to everyone of them dressed like that.......But I doubt they'd see the humor in it that we did, and I'd probably get shot!
Attached Thumbnails
Campaign Against Baggy Pants-fashioncitation.jpg  

Old 10-23-2007, 11:12 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
What's the deal with these baggy pants? Is the problem that these folks are showing their pimply rear ends or other body parts? Is it blatant indecent exposure? Is it because it makes a thumper offended? Is it because someone feels they need to control what someone wears ... or keep the dress code in town more traditionally WASPy? I guess I'm not really understanding the hype. I heard about this on the news about Louisiana -- and all I can think is the uncle of The Waterboy is running around, causing a stink because there is nothing more productive to do. Opinions would be appreciated!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:20 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
It just looks like crap and makes the person wearing them in such a manner look like an idiot. It's really not that complicated. Jeans and pants are not meant to be worn that way. It IS offensive to me, because frankly, I don't want to see some homeboy's underoos while he's walking down the street pretending to be cool. Shyeah, right, cool whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Having said that, any time spent on this by city council is a waste of taxpayer's money.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
It just looks like crap and makes the person wearing them in such a manner look like an idiot. It's really not that complicated. Jeans and pants are not meant to be worn that way. It IS offensive to me, because frankly, I don't want to see some homeboy's underoos while he's walking down the street pretending to be cool. Shyeah, right, cool whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Having said that, any time spent on this by city council is a waste of taxpayer's money.
Well isn't that what the Dallas City Council does best???? Waste our taxdollars??

Old 10-23-2007, 12:42 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post

Gotcha. So in actuality, it's about throwing away freedom to control what the "homeyz" and others wear, especially the ones who look/speak differently from the rest of the wasps.

Maybe someone finds it offensive seeing someone's flabby bodies make rolls through their shirts, pants, etc... and having to deal with others' hygeine issues from ''lack of reach''? What do we do about that? Many times that is equally if not MORE offensive than baggy pants.

That's not to say I fit either category, because I don't.

I do agree, though, this campaign is a huge waste of effort.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: