Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 AM

87 posts, read 135,418 times

Advertisements

I agree. This list is not compatible with other rankings or facts and statictics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 01:45 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I'm normally with you on this sort of issue but I have to question the credibility of any list that has Creekview ranked higher than Plano Senior and Carroll...no way jose. On what criteria???
IIRC, they put a lot of weight on AP tests, including percentage taking the test as well as getting good scores. I'd have to review their criteria (they should be available at the link).

As I noted in my post, I don't agree with their rankings, for several reasons including exactly what you noted. In general the Texas schools tend to do better than I would expect vs. other locales (see TAG and SEM as prime examples. I mean, they're great schools, but #'s 1 and 3 NATIONALLY? Really? New Trier and Northside Prep in the Chicago area (just to name two I'm familiar with) have considerably higher standardized test metrics, and I'm sure there's a bunch in NYC that would argue with the rankings), so they get talked up a bit here, and so I soft-pedal my criticisms because I do like seeing various metrics brought up.

But yeah, in addition to what you already noted, how is WT White above Flower Mound? I get that WT White is doing some good things, but they didn't generate a single NMSF in 2012, whereas FloMo had FORTY-SIX (second only to Plano West in absolute number and I believe a higher percentage of the class than any other DFW public school other than TAG).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas