Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 01:38 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,898,068 times

Advertisements

What are the current safety protocols in place in the school in coco area? Has anything been implemented since sandy hook. Do you notice as parents the administration and teachers are more aware? I know TX is a gun friendly state, however do they have armed guards now? I worked in the next big town over from sandy hook and it is literally such a small piece of america, where I know its cliche to say "but things really dont happen there..actually nothing happens there".

Just curious on how safety has/has not changed.

thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 10:14 AM

681 posts, read 1,667,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
What are the current safety protocols in place in the school in coco area? Has anything been implemented since sandy hook. Do you notice as parents the administration and teachers are more aware? I know TX is a gun friendly state, however do they have armed guards now? I worked in the next big town over from sandy hook and it is literally such a small piece of america, where I know its cliche to say "but things really dont happen there..actually nothing happens there".

Just curious on how safety has/has not changed.

thx.
I think one or two towns in TX have authorized school staff to be armed if they choose to do so....other than that I think everything else is business as usual.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 AM

5,255 posts, read 6,366,220 times
Quote:
do they have armed guards now? I worked in the next big town over from sandy hook and it is literally such a small piece of america
I'm not sure about Collin County specifically, but many of the large high schools around DFW have on-site police stations and armed security patrols just to deal with the day-to-day high school population. I believe they were considering expanding that to the middle and elementary schools post-Sandy Hook if the funds can be found to pay for it.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,447,013 times
I think PISD voted or is voting on whether to have an outside security company at some of the schools. Not sure what happened with it.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,447,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
I'm not sure about Collin County specifically, but many of the large high schools around DFW have on-site police stations and armed security patrols just to deal with the day-to-day high school population. I believe they were considering expanding that to the middle and elementary schools post-Sandy Hook if the funds can be found to pay for it.
I think DISD just approved 40 mil to put in some cameras and monitored single access doors across lower levels.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,075,990 times
In McKinney, there are now armed officers at the campus, and two that patrol between campus sites for elementary schools. For middle & high-schools I believe there are at least one officer on campus at all times.

And yes...our taxes will go up next year to pay for it.

Plano ISD just scrapped their private security force idea. They will go back to the drawing board.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 932 times
I think they should use something similar to what is used at my daughter's pre-school. [url=http://smsforedu.com]SMS for EDU : Lexing Learning[/url] I get text alerts when anything occurs on school grounds.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:45 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,075,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMike View Post
I think they should use something similar to what is used at my daughter's pre-school. SMS for EDU : Lexing Learning I get text alerts when anything occurs on school grounds.
There is, at least in McKinney. You can get texts, emails, & a voice mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: