Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,635,829 times

Advertisements

New Dallas apartments in the works for Oak Lawn area | Biz Beat Blog

Looks like its adios to Crescent View and Melrose Place.......who wants to play the guessing game and make a guess at what complex/complexes are next on the demolish list??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,491,422 times
They just tore down the projects next to this on Hawthorne, but I hear they are rebuilding new public housing units Oak Lawn public housing to be torn down | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

The city should sell that land. It's worth a fortune, and then move the public housing near George bush tollway

Old 03-20-2013, 11:47 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,234,313 times
^And when they do, give a nice chunk of change to the displaced residents who were there before the plans of grandeur. The best cities find a way to mix the old and the new, the affluent and the not so well off in a diverse urban tapestry.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,468,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
^The best cities find a way to mix the old and the new, the affluent and the not so well off in a diverse urban tapestry.
Referring to which city that does this? I think Dallas is one of the best in the US due to jobs, housing market, etc.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,491,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
^And when they do, give a nice chunk of change to the displaced residents who were there before the plans of grandeur. The best cities find a way to mix the old and the new, the affluent and the not so well off in a diverse urban tapestry.
You must not be from here, or didn't get my humor. I agree about mixing up demographics, that's why I suggested they move the poorest residents next to an area with higher incomes and better schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Looks like its adios to Crescent View and Melrose Place.......who wants to play the guessing game and make a guess at what complex/complexes are next on the demolish list??
I saw some guys with suits walking in the Kroger parking lot on cedar springs holding, what looked like blueprints pointing around. Maybe, the kroger will come down and redevelop as mixed-use. They would have to build around the library, but that's a huge plot of land.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 03-20-2013 at 12:13 PM..

Old 03-20-2013, 12:39 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,635,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
They just tore down the projects next to this on Hawthorne, but I hear they are rebuilding new public housing units Oak Lawn public housing to be torn down | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

The city should sell that land. It's worth a fortune, and then move the public housing near George bush tollway
See now I heard that the area where the projects are/were will be redeveloped into Senior Housing. With the new Parkland going up, that would be a good use for that area.

Why ruin the area around the Bush Turnpike with projects.......stick them down in South Dallas where they will blend right in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: