Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:49 PM

440 posts, read 867,216 times

Advertisements

The owner is the real problem here-I would tell them again their dog is being aggressive and making it so you're uncomfortable to be in your own yard with your child. Be very specific with what the dog is doing-film it on your phone just to show them what goes on when their not around. If you get no real action then you need to report this to animal control. Don't wait for the dog to get around/over/knock down the fence.

BTW I'm not a dog hater-I own 4 of various breeds and sizes -I never let my dogs bark or be aggressive to our neighbors dogs-if it does happen I remove them immediately as my neighbours do if their dogs are barking like crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Find out who his home owner's insurance company is, report the dog to them as a nuisance and a threat.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:04 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
All the dogs in my neighborhood bark like crazy at us when I take my dogs for a walk. It's what dogs do. If the dog is in it's own yard, and the yard is fenced, what is the problem?

Old 03-24-2013, 12:45 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,747,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
All the dogs in my neighborhood bark like crazy at us when I take my dogs for a walk. It's what dogs do. If the dog is in it's own yard, and the yard is fenced, what is the problem?
Rots weigh up to 100 pounds. And it is tearing at the wood fence with its teeth. Pretty soon no more fence.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
Our dog Cody sounds VERY vicious when he's in the backyard and there are people behind our fence. (We have an alley.) He doesn't pounce on the fence much, mainly just runs back and forth barking. We have some neighbors that have kids that play in the alley. (They also antagonize the dog on purpose.)

So I don't blame Cody for barking most of the time, he's a dog and he's guarding his territory. While it may be annoying sometimes when the neighborhood kids are screaming up and down the alley (which is just as annoying as a barking dog) he makes up for it when he barks at 3am when he hears someone moving outside our house.

It's possible this Rott is simply being territorial, and may be friendly when actually in front of people, like our dog is.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM

89 posts, read 137,093 times
I wouldn't care if it is the sweetest dog on the planet. He seems threatening, he is damaging my fence and scaring my child. I would send a letter to the owner after every incidence and copies to the HOA and city. After three incidents, I'm calling 911. My family doesnt have to feel unsafe in our own yard. I've seen a dog attack a friend when I was growing up and no way I'll let that happen to my child.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:00 PM

812 posts, read 2,183,874 times
Had the same problem in Anna and forced us to move. WT people behind us let their big dogs go free and they just about tore our fence down. Toy Poodles were afraid to go outside. I wound up reinforcing the fence at my expense. City of Anna would do nothing.

Trash is trash.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 AM

440 posts, read 867,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The problem is you shouldn't feel scared in your own fenced in yard! It's just pure selfishness to let your dog bark and be aggressive at others even if it is fenced in. I saw my friends Rotty charge at a fence -he was chasing another dog around his own yard in a game he slid and knocked out the fence panel-luckily he was the sweetest thing and just stood looking at us a little confused....these are big powerful dogs...

Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM

275 posts, read 416,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
As someone who has shot a dangerous dog attacking me, here is my take.

I'd call animal control. If that dog gets loose, it will attack someone. Its behavior shows it is trying to get out and given its strength, it will get out. Its a newspaper headline waiting to happen. There are ordinances against dangerous pets and this is definitely one of them..

The dog I shot had exactly the same behavior and one day I came home and it was running loose in the street chasing people. The cops were three minutes away and school was getting out just three blocks away. I went outside with my shotgun and it took three shots at point blank range to kill it as it tried to kill me. If I had done nothing and a child had been hurt, I would not have been able to live with myself.
I would not want anyone to be hurt by my inaction, whether child or adult. A person getting hurt is a person getting hurt, whether child or adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas