Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,336 times

Advertisements

I am a 29 year old male starting a new job in Parkland Hospital. I was already on Dallas 2 months ago and looked into nice neighborhoods and apartments in Dallas. I looked into Uptown / West Village apartments and I feel I won't get much bang for my buck in terms of square footage and price. Having said that, I did explore nearby neighborhoods and I am down to three apartments.

(1) Fitzhugh Urban Flats - 5 minutes away from uptown but the neighborhood being east of i75 is quite sketchy. But the apartment complex is very nice and upscale. Near work but safety is an issue.

(2) 2929 Wycliff - literally 5 minutes from work, its in Oak Lawn, and very near uptown. This seems like the best choice right now.

(3) Westside in The Village - nice community, selling point is that there are very good running trails and 12 tennis courts in the country club. Donwside, its quite far from Parkland and may take me a good 30 minutes to work.

Would love to hear your opinions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 12:50 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,463,188 times
Fitzhugh: Its in an up and coming area. Trying to make the area much more upscale. If you would have seen if just 5 years ago, it would have been scary.

Wycliff: Oaklawn is a decent area, near some good restaurants(Bob's, Al's etc.) and the "gayborhood" as the locals call it. There is still some crime but not as hard as Fitzhugh.

Westide: The Village is more of the college scene, or fresh out. Its not a bad area, but just north of there is. I have a friend that works with me that is 30 and lives there. He seems to like it, but he doesn't care as much about the amenities. Also, I know they call it a country club.....but its far from it.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
Out of those choices. Definitely 2929 wycliff. Great location and close to work. Everyone I know there likes it.

There are 2 brand new places on Maple you should check out. They are even closer to Parkland, and great bang for the buck. Maple will be unrecognizable in a few years they are building new buildings and town homes like crazy all over. There's also a new Kroger, across from Maple n Motor.

The Eon at Maple Eon at Maple - Virtual Guestcard | Apartments for Rent in Dallas, TX

The Southwestern on Maple Photo Gallery | The Southwestern Luxury Apartments Dallas TX

Old 03-22-2013, 02:52 PM

257 posts, read 550,244 times
Have you considered the Design District? Lots of new apartments in that area, and all the hottest restaurants, gastropubs and shops are setting up shop there. Easy commute to Parkland.

http://www.broadstoneavant.com/dallas/avant/amenities/

http://www.altadesigndistrict.com/index.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: