Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 11:01 AM

772 posts, read 935,184 times

Advertisements

Frisco is nice if you have enough money to buy a home with a decent sized lot, or you have kids, there's tons of things for families to do. It does tend to have a "vibe" to it that is less pleasing than McKinney or Plano. It's hard to put it into words, McKinney has a more homey feel to it with its topography and downtown area, Plano feels less commercial even though they still have everything you could want. Frisco kinda feels more superficial in comparison, I guess.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:24 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
Frisco is nice if you have enough money to buy a home with a decent sized lot, or you have kids, there's tons of things for families to do. It does tend to have a "vibe" to it that is less pleasing than McKinney or Plano. It's hard to put it into words, McKinney has a more homey feel to it with its topography and downtown area, Plano feels less commercial even though they still have everything you could want. Frisco kinda feels more superficial in comparison, I guess.
Being that the three are all very similar, it is like describing different shades of green or blue... but in my 13 years of living in the area, pretty spot on with the detailed differences.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:33 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Not everyone has school age children, or wants to live where everyone else has school age children. Areas with good schools and large amounts of reasonably new and reasonably priced housing tend to a monoculture in which people who are not involved in that lifestyle will feel excluded and/or looked-down-upon. I have experienced this and am not interested in signing up for it again. It would take a great deal to get me to live in a city like Frisco, West Plano, Flower Mound, etc.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:39 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Not everyone has school age children, or wants to live where everyone else has school age children. Areas with good schools and large amounts of reasonably new and reasonably priced housing tend to a monoculture in which people who are not involved in that lifestyle will feel excluded and/or looked-down-upon. I have experienced this and am not interested in signing up for it again. It would take a great deal to get me to live in a city like Frisco, West Plano, Flower Mound, etc.
An area without school age children would seem to me to be much more of a monoculture than areas with. Either a retirement community or a bunch of singles. Just my thought...

Old 06-13-2016, 04:43 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I live in Plano, do not have any interest in living in Frisco, and have never heard anyone hate on Frisco.

Seems like a great family place. Just too far north for my liking (I live in southwest Plano). The traffic is now bad enough that it makes a difference.

But no hate. Everyone I know who lives in Frisco loves Frisco.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:45 PM

37 posts, read 58,114 times
My dislike goes for more than just Frisco its all of DFW seeing them paving what used to be country like now since I live in Lewisville it feels I am in the middle of the city now since it's getting so built up to the west it's just a urban swath from Justin in southwest Denton County all the way to Lake Lavon in Southeast Collin County.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:14 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Come to East Dallas!

Old 06-13-2016, 08:01 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
An area without school age children would seem to me to be much more of a monoculture than areas with. Either a retirement community or a bunch of singles. Just my thought...
That wasn't what I meant. When the entire culture of the neighborhood is about children, those without are unwelcome. When there is diversity (I mean people of different backgrounds, interests, and stages in life - including families with children as well as all the other variants), then most people can find a niche.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:44 PM

817 posts, read 922,386 times
McKinney is geographically far flung. If you live near the tollway or further west, the Square is far away place you might visit on a weekend, just like people who live 25 miles away or more. People in my area wind up going to Frisco if they want to do anything outside the house.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:45 PM

684 posts, read 514,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersguy100 View Post
Strictly speaking, the people who are most in debt on an absolute basis are those in Preston Hollow and Park Cities, as their properties are the most expensive.

I assume this your personal opinion and not based on anything you can post here as proof.

I personally know several people who live in Preston Hollow who outright own their homes (paid in full or paid off) and have little to no debt and have 6 figure incomes. What debt they carry is easy for them to pay off if they wanted to (car payments / leases) and while their property taxes are high they are justified by the property values of their homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas