Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 AM

647 posts, read 1,515,037 times

Advertisements

And I don't want to have to go into Dallas/Ft Worth proper for nightlife. I'm considering moving to the Irving/Grapevine area to be closer to work (at DFW airport) but I'm worried it'll be too lackluster in the nightlife area for a single adult male in my 20s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 AM

471 posts, read 803,889 times
Ricks Cabaret DFW at the south end of the airport

Moderator cut: no copyrighted photos/images allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-05-2013 at 08:56 AM..

Old 04-05-2013, 08:49 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,373,662 times
Skip it and go Uptown. Get a cab home. Or go crazy and do Addison but get ready for the cigarette smoke.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM

11,817 posts, read 26,657,615 times
Willhoites | Grapevine Restaurant | Grapevine Historic District Restaurant
Willhoites is a bar in downtown Grapevine. Don't believe their website; it's a bar that serves food, not a restaurant.

Glass Cactus Nightclub | Grapevine Hotel Restaurants at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Glass Cactus is the fancy nightclub at the Gaylord Texan.

Besides that, there are numerous small bars in the area. You can also easily drive to downtown Fort Worth, too.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:11 PM

663 posts, read 1,717,313 times
What do you consider good nightlife? There are no real bars in the area. Everywhere is required to serve food. It'll never be the same as a place that lives and dies by alcohol sales. Dance clubs are few and far between. The ones that do exist are expensive and as someone in your 20's, you'll be one of the youngest people in the room. Unless you're looking for a cougar hunt, you'll probably be broke and disappointed by the end of the evening. I personally love living in the Grapevine area but nightlife isn't its strong suit. When the wife and I want to go out, we usually drive to Sundance.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM

143 posts, read 318,737 times
There's a lot of stuff to do in the day time in the Metroplex.

It all depends on your personality. If I lived in the area (Grapevine/Irving), I would be at Yucatan playing sand volleyball all the time, there's some fit women there, that place closes at 2AM, has a bar, they also have another section of the building where I saw a lot of people playing poker.

I prefer downtown Fort Worth too. Dallas has a lot of stuff going on too. 30 minutes either way.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:32 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,373,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
What do you consider good nightlife? There are no real bars in the area. Everywhere is required to serve food. It'll never be the same as a place that lives and dies by alcohol sales. Dance clubs are few and far between. The ones that do exist are expensive and as someone in your 20's, you'll be one of the youngest people in the room. Unless you're looking for a cougar hunt, you'll probably be broke and disappointed by the end of the evening. I personally love living in the Grapevine area but nightlife isn't its strong suit. When the wife and I want to go out, we usually drive to Sundance.
The Loon is a real bar. Yes they serve food, but that's not the reason to go there.

BTW, it's been years and back east since I've even seen a bar that didn't serve food, those were some days.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,600,567 times
Cool River has very active bar scene Cool River Café | Steakhouse & Southwestern Grille | Live Music Restaurant

Yucatan has young group; beach volleyball bar Yucatan Beach Club - Coppell, TX

The Cellar has after work bar crowd: Come for the awesome food and stay for the fun! - The Cellar Restaurant & Bar - Irving, TX

Many of the upscale apartment complexes around Lake Carolyn in Las Colinas have lots of social activities, too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas