Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times

Advertisements

Ok, a buddy of mine from back home in Colorado flew in to Dallas last night. I am supposed to be in Dallas by tomorrow evening and I will show him the nightspots around town.

I need some popular hang out spots, venues, bars, or popular areas people know of seeing that I haven't really explored Dallas in several years.

I know of lower Greenville, but there's alot of areas I haven't really hung out. I would like to explore more of the Uptown areas and the areas that alot of people say are equivalent to Houston's montrose.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Addison-Beltline& DNT
Deep ellum is back
Cedar springs is the livest its ever been.(not gay but love S4)
West Village Mckinney Ave.(a must-Do)
Main Street(weekends are busy)
Hope this helps.....

Oh and stoneclaw I need you to do a write up on your trip here. I wanna know what you did, what you ate, what you thought of EVERYTHING you experienced!...how and what was different since the last time you was here. I need you squash some mistruths about Dallas. And please leave your somewhat Houston bias at home so you can really have a good time.

I cant wait to hear about it. I want you to see for yourself that "Dallas feels as good as it looks".

Old 04-12-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Addison-Beltline& DNT
Deep ellum is back
Cedar springs is the livest its ever been.(not gay but love S4)
West Village Mckinney Ave.(a must-Do)
Main Street(weekends are busy)
Hope this helps.....

Oh and stoneclaw I need you to do a write up on your trip here. I wanna know what you did, what you ate, what you thought of EVERYTHING you experienced!...how and what was different since the last time you was here. I need you squash some mistruths about Dallas. And please leave your somewhat Houston bias at home so you can really have a good time.

I cant wait to hear about it. I want you to see for yourself that "Dallas feels as good as it looks".
Thanks boi!

Will do! And i will definitely leave the Houston bias behind.

But the funny thing is, usually when i was in Dallas in the past, I'd often think: "I wish Houston's roads looked like this or I wish some areas in Houston looked like this, so bias isn't really the thing I need to worry about.

Thanks for the suggestions. Is Knox/Henderson an area good for nightlife too? Is that skylounge bar still open on top of the W? Or is that gone?

Thanks. Anymore suggestions would be great. I'm going to try to compile everything and come up with an itenerary tonight.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,463,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Thanks boi!

Will do! And i will definitely leave the Houston bias behind.

But the funny thing is, usually when i was in Dallas in the past, I'd often think: "I wish Houston's roads looked like this or I wish some areas in Houston looked like this, so bias isn't really the thing I need to worry about.

Thanks for the suggestions. Is Knox/Henderson an area good for nightlife too? Is that skylounge bar still open on top of the W? Or is that gone?

Thanks. Anymore suggestions would be great. I'm going to try to compile everything and come up with an itenerary tonight.
Ghost bar at the W is still around I believe, but it's died of quite a bit. Knox/Henderson is more of an early evening hang out place then a late night party. Sfuzzi is popular now as well as plush(if you like tight shirt 50K millionaires.)

Old 04-12-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
Ghost bar at the W is still around I believe, but it's died of quite a bit. Knox/Henderson is more of an early evening hang out place then a late night party. Sfuzzi is popular now as well as plush(if you like tight shirt 50K millionaires.)
Ok that's good to know. Thanks.

I told my buddy he needs to check Houston out sometime too, but really I'm excited because I want to show him Texas. To be able to show him Dallas is an opportunity to show him how cool Texas is as a whole.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Ok that's good to know. Thanks.

I told my buddy he needs to check Houston out sometime too, but really I'm excited because I want to show him Texas. To be able to show him Dallas is an opportunity to show him how cool Texas is as a whole.
Oh and for Pizza...Try NEO pizza in Victory Park...I Thoroughly endorse this place...You gotta go here!!..Nice setting too.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 AM

You wanna show him Texas.....come tailgate at NASCAR this weekend! hahaha

Old 04-12-2013, 12:42 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,171,745 times
For the person who mentioned it upthread, Ghost Bar closed last summer.

Also, in addition to Uptown, Deep Ellum, Oak Lawn, and the bars on Knox-Henderson, you guys should check out the Bishop Arts District in North Oak Cliff. The bars there get pretty busy on weekend nights (Eno's Pizzeria, Ten Bells Tavern, Bar 303, Oak Cliff Social Club, Whitehall Tavern) though it's a bit more laid back than the Uptown crowd and fewer tattoos than the Deep Ellum crowd. And Bishop Arts has some of the area's most notable restaurants (Lucia, Veracruz, Boulevardier, etc.)

Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
For the person who mentioned it upthread, Ghost Bar closed last summer.

Also, in addition to Uptown, Deep Ellum, Oak Lawn, and the bars on Knox-Henderson, you guys should check out the Bishop Arts District in North Oak Cliff. The bars there get pretty busy on weekend nights (Eno's Pizzeria, Ten Bells Tavern, Bar 303, Oak Cliff Social Club, Whitehall Tavern) though it's a bit more laid back than the Uptown crowd and fewer tattoos than the Deep Ellum crowd. And Bishop Arts has some of the area's most notable restaurants (Lucia, Veracruz, Boulevardier, etc.)
I'm getting soo old!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:02 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Check out Prime Bar Uptown. Its in a very busy area and the girls are really good looking!

The equivilent to Montrose is Oak Lawn and its a really cool neighborhood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas