U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 08:24 PM

14 posts, read 51,698 times

Advertisements

Our son got into our first choice school and we are going to be moving to Dallas! We are listing our house in Frisco next week and going to be making the move to an area closer to his new school. We also have a 5 month old baby so the shorter the commute the better. The school is near Royal and Inwood and the zip codes we have been looking at are 75229, 75230, 75220 and 75244. Want to be in the 400-500k range. We need move in ready and would love to hear opinions on neighborhoods where the neighbors are friendly and family oriented. I know his classmates will come from all over but it would be lovely if there were some other kids from his school close to us. Our dream house went on the market and was sold in 24 hours Sadly, by the time we saw and requested a showing it was already under contract. It was on Aladdin - are the Disney streets a good fit for what we are looking for? With the way the market is right now we may not have much of a choice where we end up, but any thoughts, opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated! We'd love to hear from HockDad and TurtleCreek80
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 08:16 AM

14,231 posts, read 13,380,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfectmom View Post
Our son got into our first choice school and we are going to be moving to Dallas! We are listing our house in Frisco next week and going to be making the move to an area closer to his new school. We also have a 5 month old baby so the shorter the commute the better. The school is near Royal and Inwood and the zip codes we have been looking at are 75229, 75230, 75220 and 75244. Want to be in the 400-500k range. We need move in ready and would love to hear opinions on neighborhoods where the neighbors are friendly and family oriented. I know his classmates will come from all over but it would be lovely if there were some other kids from his school close to us. Our dream house went on the market and was sold in 24 hours Sadly, by the time we saw and requested a showing it was already under contract. It was on Aladdin - are the Disney streets a good fit for what we are looking for? With the way the market is right now we may not have much of a choice where we end up, but any thoughts, opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated! We'd love to hear from HockDad and TurtleCreek80
Congrats to your boy!

There are so many private schools in a fairly tight circle around Inwood and Royal you'll find PS parents and kids one most every street in the area.

We live at Inwood and Royal roughly.
My best friend lived on one of the Disney streets for years and loved it, he was promoted to a long gig in London so he sold last year.
At your price range you can find a great home in that area.

From the Disney streets one could take Northaven east to Inwood although jogging up to Forest or down to Royal might prove a little easier. Regardless from the Disney streets to say Lamplighter you'd see a 5/7 minute commute with very predictable traffic day to day.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 PM

14 posts, read 51,698 times
Thank you EDS! Great info, just what my hubby and I were hoping to hear. Now we just have to wait and see what comes on the market in the next few weeks...(fingers crossed)

Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 AM

14,231 posts, read 13,380,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfectmom View Post
Thank you EDS! Great info, just what my hubby and I were hoping to hear. Now we just have to wait and see what comes on the market in the next few weeks...(fingers crossed)
I forgot to mention both a YMCA and fire station sit just east of Midway on Northaven. Best of luck.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times
There are a lot of good neighborhoods in that area. Russwood Acres at Inwood/Royal, the Royal Northaven neighborhood (east of Midway between Royal and Northaven), the Hockaday neighborhood (North of Northaven), Les Jardins Estates (SE of Midway and Royal), the Disney streets, and many others. As EDS says, they'll all have kids from the local private schools, and will probably have homes near your target range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>