Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:00 AM

65 posts, read 122,900 times

Advertisements

We just looked in the King's Ridge neighborhood over the weekend and noticed that there are way too many houses on the market in the neighborhood compared to other neighborhoods... - is the NFC and foundation/railroad still an issue here ? you think with toyota moving near by it would be more desirable...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,697 times
It's because they are building all around the community. A big furniture store is going in as well as many other stores/movie theatre that will all back up to this neighborhood etc. and it also backs to train tracks. No Community pools etc. I really liked this neighborhood and we had looked at a few houses in it a few years ago. But all that empty land around it is being developed which is sad for the owners of this community. I also have heard of foundation issues... Plus schools, but mostly all the building.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:57 PM

if possible i would still like to stay near west plano area and want something newer or newest possible but cant afford the avigon area... anything else out there ?

Old 08-04-2014, 01:09 PM

174 posts, read 397,604 times
If you want new then there is a community called West Park Villas (not sure what lots are left) in Plano - Toll Brothers the builder. This community is zoned to Central Plano. The range on homes are 450k - 510k.

West Park Villas: luxury new homes in Plano, TX

There really isn't any other new communities besides Avignon and this community in W Plano / Central Plano.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:09 PM

36 posts, read 67,317 times
Check out homes in Estates of Cypress Point, Shoal Creek and Cypress Creek. They aren't brand new but sort after custom neighborhoods with Plano schools.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:15 PM

45 posts, read 70,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlim0930 View Post
if possible i would still like to stay near west plano area and want something newer or newest possible but cant afford the avigon area... anything else out there ?
Castlemere is very desirable, but there's never any house for sale in that neighborhood for a reason. I find well maintained custom 1998-2000s homes as nice as many of the new homes across the street for 100k-150k less, with bigger 33% bigger lots.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:32 PM

we currently have a lot secured at west park villas at the old rates however something in the back of my mind is keep telling me that this is too far east from where we are now... I do like the castlemere however there is never any houses for sale except for the one thats there now thats been on the market forever due to its location...

Shoal creek/cypress creek only a small subset of those are in pisd....

Old 08-04-2014, 02:55 PM

Shoal Creek is mixed but Cypress Point and Cypress Creek are 100% Plano ISD. I did extensive research on that area as we are planning to buy a house near Texas Presbyterian. I want to be able to walk/bike to work.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:31 PM

GlenE1 yes you are right but not too many choices out there and the prices for the ones thats on the market seem to rival all the new builds...

i even went back to last 180's days worth of sold properties and looks like the prices all over jumped in the last 180 days..

Old 08-05-2014, 08:51 AM

It's jut a myth that Plano homes west of DNT are economical and feed to Lewisville schools. They are pricy and 80% or more feed to Plano ISD. Only outside county line properties feed to LISD but those aren't cheaper either as this pocket is 0-20 years old, custom and location is awesome. I'm hoping for market to cool down once schools are in session.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas